• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Amazon tracks warehouse workers every move because Jeff Bezos thinks people are inherently lazy.

There's a recurring youtube add that just grinds me hard, it's got this pompous, pos girl who actually says, in the most annoying valley girl tone:

"I really like money, but I just didn't want to work a 9-5 job."

I think it was a commercial for door dash or instacart or something.

Kiddo, nobody is jumping for joy at the prospect of working to live. I will agree that Millennials and later have been done an enormous disservice, primarily by their parents.
Look im a conservative. Its not their parents fault its policies. Young people are held out of positions that were frequently held by their grandparents at their age due to credentialism, pensions are dead long live the hyper volatile 401k hope you retire at a good time, housing market crash caused by insidious bankers? Fuck the people and barrack bends over for those banks to this day, pandemic hits and they give ass loads of money to corporations instead of to individuals to stay home then blame people for not staying home when they need money. Im 31, i work 50 hours a week and have a house. I still know its bullshit and see why people would opt out.

Oh, and the same old words created prior to the 1930s to describe the political scenes and actions of those in power now looks more and more stupid every day. This is a new thing, mkay children? Only having two labels and squabbling over whether it’s straight “capitalism or communism” is exactly what the powers that be would want, because of course what is happening is something new... The debates look inherently stupid because of it.

Yeah you're right, he probably pens the WaPo himself. It totally wasn't a standalone newspaper for decades putting out the same exact style of writing. Bezos bought it to use it as his personal diary.
Yeah its rare for an owner to control a company he owns.
<YeahOKJen>
Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Millennials and the generations after sure are. You can blame Democrat Reich narratives and propaganda for that. When you remove all personal accountability and replace it with entitlement and special privileges for non preferred “races” you are left with over-confident, emotional, lazy pieces of delusional shit.
Yes but a guy in the 1970s could be a teacher, dick around for 40hrs a week, get summers off and make enough to comfortably support a stay at home wife and 3 kids, 2 cars, in a nice house within 30 miles of DC. You'd be living in a shit hole 1 bedroom apartment , ubering to and from work if you tried that today

He isn’t right or left, he’s making his own path and playing some of you along with it. You start the bash on Jeff where many could support your “thinking” and then steer it completely away to pull the left down. Fail. What was your win response that you were looking for? “Yeah, he’s a leftist!” “Yeah!” “You said it!” That gets you no where.

Yeah its rare for an owner to control a company he owns.
<YeahOKJen>
Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

His company owns the revenue, but he's not listed anywhere as an editor or contributor to the post.

You're just wrong. Bezos is not micromanging the post.

Yes but a guy in the 1970s could be a teacher, dick around for 40hrs a week, get summers off and make enough to comfortably support a stay at home wife and 3 kids, 2 cars, in a nice house within 30 miles of DC. You'd be living in a shit hole 1 bedroom apartment , ubering to and from work if you tried that today
I don’t disagree. I think the unions fucked the teaching profession by protecting the garbage instructors and removing the will of those that care

Amazon policies are designed to prevent workers from becoming lazy.

Amazon doesn’t guarantee raises after a workers first three years and doesn’t offer many opportunities for advancement.

Jeff Bezos is a classic leftist believing people to be slaves or tools and not caring if they are seriously injured.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ama...-bezos-belief-all-workers-are-lazy-2021-6?amp

You can thank your right wing buddies for removing the protections for these workers since they're the ones that have been eroding workers rights for years.

He's out for what's best for him. I don't think he cares about anything politically beyond how it impacts his bottom line.

I'm 100% sure if slavery was still legal Bezos would have slaves.
I agree

a better more slightly modern example. If it were the gilded age, he’d call on the state militia to put down any unrest. He’d also heavily encourage shooting the workers too. Probably would give out a bounty for ever striker killed

He's 100% a democrat. He hired Robin DeAngelo to work some white guilt for Amazon, and SPLC to advise Amazon on what to ban, lol him being right wing. I've seen RINO's. never seen a right wing democrat.
Oh he is. He def has been building his brand and has solidly put himself in the leftist camp

His company owns the revenue, but he's not listed anywhere as an editor or contributor to the post.

You're just wrong. Bezos is not micromanging the post.
Lol again, the only way for him to control it is to personally micromanage it be an editor. Ok
<YeahOKJen>

Eventually he is going to replace everyone with drones and this won't be an issue

LOL the rise of the “left wing“ billionaire.
That's precisely what Silicon Valley has been.

It has seen the rise of the left-wing Millennial & GenX billionaire class. They're devoutly left-wing. Their politics are essentially Bay Area progressivist.

Amazon is an awful company. Like Alibaba it just forces people to work harder and harder in its pursuit of profits. There’s a point where you are squeezing too much out of them

It is impossible for people to find happiness while 8 hours a day of their life is being monitored moment to moment for any signs of humanity and human interaction and then be penalizing them for it.

We have got to trancend the insanity of for profit corporations squeezing every last ounce of productivity out of human beings at the expense of our humanity.

Techno fascism and a plutocracy. Stop using “capitalist v communist,” because it doesn’t apply. What we have coming down the pike is the absolute worst of both to benefit the very few.

Resist boys and girls.

Back