AMAZON PRIME & PBC agree to a deal

We can say the same thing about every company in the business… I expect dazn PPV of this Saturday to bomb on the PPV sales … that’s not a PPV card
I'm watching the ESPN card instead.

I'm watching the ESPN card instead.

Top Rank is not immune to criticism.

In fact, they have done the absolute least with the most and biggest platform out.

The putrid main events they have put on ESPN in prime slots has been nothing short of disgusting.

In fact, they have done the absolute least with the most and biggest platform out.

The putrid main events they have put on ESPN in prime slots has been nothing short of disgusting.
They absolutely drop the ball every chance they get when it comes to boxing.

They are a network for football basketball and baseball. Thats it. Everything else they are god awful in.

And I cant count how many times Ive heard Stephen A Smith bring up William Joppy when talking about boxing. Its like his go to, to sound like "Oh this guy knows the sport". Think he had to cover one of his fights once and now will bring up Trinidad-Joppy or some shit anytime when discussing boxing.
Or some reference to Ali era or Tyson era.
ESPN/FS1 people have a habit of that.
How many times have we heard from Skip Bayless or Stephen A Smith about how Ali's people were afraid that Foreman was gonna hurt him.
Thats why DAZN and others are great for boxing. Its fresh and updated.
You never hear that bullshit on DAZN.

The equivalent would be ESPN, anytime they talk about football, constantly bringing up Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana or Roger Staubach. They never do that, because its pointless. They watch every game every week, they can reference the sport in modern time because they watch it.
Now if you hadnt watch football since 1984, besides a Super Bowl here and there, than when its your time to cover it, youll bullshit about the two teams, and then revert to what you know by going "Its like when Dan Marino went to the super bowl in 1984....".

After about the 4th time they made that reference, you would start thinking to yourself "I dont think these muthafuckas watch the sport"

Sure, but that card is free.

So the announcement has finally been made, and it’s kinda disappointing. It just seems like more of the same. It’s hard to say for sure, becaise the press release is so light on details, but I expect mostly non-PPV worthy events offered as PPV events

So the announcement has finally been made, and it’s kinda disappointing. It just seems like more of the same. It’s hard to say for sure, becaise the press release is so light on details, but I expect mostly non-PPV worthy events offered as PPV events
Haymon found another sucker

I guess this has the potential to be good, but I'm still sceptical. If they're only doing 12-14 shows a year it's unlikely the non-PPV will be numerous. I don't get the idea that this is going to be like the OneFC monthly shows on Prime, which are all pretty good. It will probably be more like 8 PPV and 4-6 non-PPV shows. I'd also like to know about the budgets for these shows/cards. Is Prime really going to cough up Canelo's guarantee, or any fighter's guarantee? I guess if there's money to be made, but a lot of the Showtime cards of recent years were unprofitable, and that's why they're no longer in the boxing business.

Any idea when this starts, btw? I know the first PPV is scheduled for March but they should be doing a show or two before then to stir up interest, and iron out any kinks.

Sounds like we're getting PPV's and a monthly boxing show! SWEET!

???

Who might be the second possible streamer for PBC content in 2024?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back