AMAZON PRIME & PBC agree to a deal

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

Canelo vs Charlo was streamed on Dazn in the UK (Which the signal had some issues apparently) … I can see PBC and Haymon doing with Amazon what they did previously with Fox and have 2 main broadcasters, Showtime and Amazon? Showtime and DAZN? Let’s wait and see

Canelo vs Charlo was streamed on Dazn in the UK (Which the signal had some issues apparently) … I can see PBC and Haymon doing with Amazon what they did previously with Fox and have 2 main broadcasters, Showtime and Amazon? Showtime and DAZN? Let’s wait and see

Amazon would be a good fit. Their Prime Video service has already been used to livestream boxing matches. Naoya's fights have been broadcast on there and his brother Takuma has an upcoming fight that will be on the platform. I have $750 in Amazon gift cards that would come in handy for purchasing PPVs and/or covering subscription costs.

Amazon would be a good fit. Their Prime Video service has already been used to livestream boxing matches. Naoya's fights have been broadcast on there and his brother Takuma has an upcoming fight that will be on the platform. I have $750 in Amazon gift cards that would come in handy for purchasing PPVs and/or covering subscription costs.
I agree … they have One Championship which is cool plus nice boxing shows from Japan… I think it will be a great move by both companies Amazon/PBC … and good for you with $750 to use lol

I agree … they have One Championship which is cool plus nice boxing shows from Japan… I think it will be a great move by both companies Amazon/PBC … and good for you with $750 to use lol

I'd prefer Amazon too, but as a global platform and not just for US audiences like they are for ONE and Japanese fights.

Eddie Hearn is right the fact that Showtime is not deigning the rumors is more than worrisome that is why all companies these days have a press department or person to calm the folks and keep rumors and fears from spreading, of course if they lied to the press and said they planned on keeping boxing than got rid of it that would not be good for their investors so being quiet is a silent yes.

Amazon would be best.

Eddie Hearn is right the fact that Showtime is not deigning the rumors is more than worrisome that is why all companies these days have a press department or person to calm the folks and keep rumors and fears from spreading, of course if they lied to the press and said they planned on keeping boxing than got rid of it that would not be good for their investors so being quiet is a silent yes.

Amazon would be best.
Espinoza already is on record saying is not true ….

PBC has had multiple outlets in the past … I expect them to do the same in the near future

PBC needs ton be on ESPN with real fights not the tacky thrift shows they've been throwing on there. I know no other sport that markets its b and c side and then complains they aren't pulling big numbers. Streaming services haven't over taken the mainstream market enough to justify making boxing online only, and they aren't putting their best foot forward to justify scrapping network television. Boxing needs to bite the bullet and downsize to make itself more affordable for network tv. Boxing is in a resurgent state in the US right now but they are doing everything they can to avoid capitalizing on that.

And no one believes him. Wonder why...
Well … that’s your right to believe him or not … but you decide to believe Hearn or Rick Glazer who started the rumor??

paramount/showtime doesn’t have to put out a press release to clear some rumors … that’s why they have Espinoza for …

Last edited:
Well … that’s your right to believe him or not … but you decide to believe Hearn or Rick Glazer who started the rumor??

paramount/showtime doesn’t have to put out a press release to clear some rumors … that’s why they have Espinoza for …

Most likely true though I hope not.

https://guidetoboxing.com/stories/the-end-of-showtime-boxing

Recently I had the good fortune to get a media pass for the week to cover the Canelo Alvarez vs Jermell Charlo fight (shoutout Hustler magazine). I wasn't in Vegas but for twenty-four hours before I had the inside line on both rumours that were swirling around the boxing world. What started off the gossip happened prior to the fight week events when people employed by BoxingScene were running around in a panic telling everyone, "You didn't hear it from me but..." Paramount had supposedly made the decision to end Showtime Boxing and the people heading up BoxingScene were sweating because if Paramount was out of boxing, they would likely axe their support of BoxingScene.

Then Wednesday after the media press conference, I was told that PBC had made a deal with Amazon Prime and that they were taking as many parts of the Showtime Boxing crew as they could.

Espinoza confirms that there is interest in the PBC product …

I see PBC having multiple streaming/tv outlets from 2024 on … Amazon Rumor is 2 hot right now to not be true and Dazn wants to join them as a partner of PBC and their roster.

Back