Amanda Nunes, what WMMA should be

Sigmafight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've said it before, and tonight just proved me right once again

She is one of the only chicks who doesn't throw like a toddler, eyes closed and flailing

She has great flow, footwork, Chin not straight up in the air, and now she has improved her rasslin and ground game massively too.

If all WMMA fighters were as good her, i'd actually tune in to watch the fights.

As of now Nunes is the only one that will actually be a deciding factor for how hyped i get for cards, Joanna is on the verge of being one too, just need to see her with some slick submissions etc.

I REALLY hope this is what all WMMA will evolve into

Nunes vs. Holm would be a great fight to set up the next potential challenger.

That Zingano fight was a bummer. Didn't want either of them to lose. Hopefully Nunes can get another win and make an impression in the top 10.

Agree.

holm and nunes are the only girls besides ronda worth a darn at 135

I'd agree TS, except I think WMMA fighters should also be attractive and Nunes isn't. Otherwise yeah she's more interesting a fighter than most of them.

if the ufc does retardedly go for ronda/tate 3, holm/nunes would be the fight to make.

I think zingano should fight holm. So it wont derail nunes or holm.

She also works hard in the jeem.

Seriously though, I'd give her another fight vs a top 5-er before throwing her at Rousey. Great takedown defense in this fight too...

I hope Nunes knocks Holm out, and gets the title shot. Or just give her the title shot next. Fuck it, who else is there besides Holm? Don't waste challengers in this crap ass division.

holm and nunes are the only girls besides ronda worth a darn at 135

Nunes lost to 3 people that Ronda beat very easily with a total time of 55 seconds. Are people really this desperate to overhype an opponent for Ronda?

Curious who they give to Nunes next. Holm vs. Nunes makes a lot of sense, but you want to be careful not to kill off two contenders at the same time for Rousey. I'd like to see Nunes vs. Bethe next but Bethe is coming off a loss, so not sure if they would do that.

Curious who they give to Nunes next. Holm vs. Nunes makes a lot of sense, but you want to be careful not to kill off two contenders at the same time for Rousey. I'd like to see Nunes vs. Bethe next but Bethe is coming off a loss, so not sure if they would do that.

I like either of those options, but Correia seems a bit more practical to me.

They should do Rousey vs Nunes, and just cancel the fight with Tate.
But if not, maybe Nunes should welcome Cyborg to see if she is able to make weight without actually dying.

I honestly don't get the hype around Holm. Honestly in mma, her boxing skills don't translate well. She has little power and moves well but has not fought a competent wrestler/grappler. She has little to nothing to offer a challenge to Ronda. As long as ROnda doesnt stand with her and get tagged for 5 rounds, she'll destroy Holm sweatlessly

Back