Amanda Nunes vs Holly Holm next?

Fuck no.

Nunes is ranked higher than Correia. Besides, Andrade called out and wants a piece of Correia.

Holm vs Kaufman
Nunes vs Davis II

OR

Holm vs Davis
Nunes vs Kaufman

If Rowdy would try to stick around as Champion for a long time, my outlook would be different, but right now, I just hope to see Rowdy fight everyone in the Top 10 before she retires.

good one

You forgot Cat ... she beat Nunes

I think a rematch might be in order

Maybe. But I think the div needs to keep moving with 2 fresh faces heading towards Ronda. Nunes vs Holm is fun because both have a unique weapon and I'd rather see Cat rematch Ronda more than anything.. she's legit #1 no matter what the rankings say.

McMann is not a fighter or Nunes hits hard as fak

Remember how Nunes KTFO Julia Budd who beat Gina Carano in SECONDS. :D

Most of Nunes' wins are 1st or 2nd round TKO destructions, she is the Just Bleed Goddess.

In a shallow div I dont know if they are gonna match them up and knock off a fresh contender. Plus its a fight Holm might lose and the UFC really wants/needs Holm in a title fight.

unbeaten, one of best female boxers ever, can market that fight as mma vs boxing. They just need Holm to win one more fight, just dont know if they match her with Nunes.

I know fans want fights like that but in a shallow div I dont know if they match Holm, Pena and Nunes up. Probably will try and keep them away from each other.

I like that matchup. Good call TS.

Hell with all the douches that thread hijack and suggest a different fight instead of discussing the Threadstarters matchup

Yes, that would be a great match-up, if the division was deeper. With Holm vs Nunes, you knock one of them out of a contention run. OR knock them back just long enough for Rowdy to retire.

Holm vs Nunes can happen after one or both of them fought Rowdy.

Again, the division is not deep enough to be needlessly knocking off contenders.

In a shallow div I dont know if they are gonna match them up and knock off a fresh contender. Plus its a fight Holm might lose and the UFC really wants/needs Holm in a title fight.

unbeaten, one of best female boxers ever, can market that fight as mma vs boxing. They just need Holm to win one more fight, just dont know if they match her with Nunes.

I know fans want fights like that but in a shallow div I dont know if they match Holm, Pena and Nunes up. Probably will try and keep them away from each other.

The problem is that pretty much everyone in the grappling-heavy Top 10 would wreck Holm, and I don't know how much longer they can protect her.

They can try to match her up with the ones who would glady stand and bang (Eye, Davis, Kaufman), but even that is a huge gamble.

Remember how Nunes KTFO Julia Budd who beat Gina Carano in SECONDS. :D

Most of Nunes' wins are 1st or 2nd round TKO destructions, she is the Just Bleed Goddess.

your right.

also Sara has not evolved, she was relying on only takedowns. instead she couldve used the clinch work to tire out Nunes cause her cardio still is questionable.

If Ronda fights smart she will beat Nunes cause her trows and trips are more complex and Ronda can wear her down in the clinch. Good fight from Nunes though

The problem is that pretty much everyone in the grappling-heavy Top 10 would wreck Holm, and I don't know how much longer they can protect her.

They can try to match her up with the ones who would glady stand and bang (Eye, Davis, Kaufman), but even that is a huge gamble.

Holms vs Kufman is a very very winnable fight for Holms

your right.

also Sara has not evolved, she was relying on only takedowns. instead she couldve used the clinch work to tire out Nunes cause her cardio still is questionable.

If Ronda fights smart she will beat Nunes cause her trows and trips are more complex and Ronda can wear her down in the clinch. Good fight from Nunes though

Just use some WWE rasslin moves on her.

EnergeticPastFireant.gif

Nunes vs Holm would be a great title eliminator. One of those two would come out of that match looking like a title challenger. Plus the striking matchup would be fun to watch.

I'd love to see the fight. But I'd have to agree with all of the above here.

Nope.

UFC wants a conveyor belt of freshly packed grass to feed its cash-cow.

These two will both fight Rousey after Tate, probably her final two MMA fights before she retires for Hollywood/WWE/start a family/return to judo.

They'll both fight inferior competition, and both will win, so both will get their shot and both will lose VERY quickly, sadly.

Aww hell no! For the sake of fans Holm should never be matched with someone who can hurt her with strikes that she isnt going to tower over in height.

Holm would turn a fight with Nunes into the Holly Holm 5K race. Holm would be running in the octagon almost as fast as she ran from Cecilia Braekhus

Back