Amanda Nunes vs Holly Holm next?

Rhonda is going to have a long break between Tate and the next fight. Not sure it makes much sense to talk "contender fight"

Doesn't make any sense at all. Why would Nunes fight someone thats behind behind her in the rankings when she wants to move up? Nunes needs to fight a top 3 contender to move into title contention. Holly has shown nothing so far. She fought against 2 easy opponents she should've easily finished yet she didn't.

Dude Nunes has 2 loses in the UFC and tonight was her only big win. The only other fight that would make sense is Alexis Davis. Holm has looked great In her last 2 UFC wins and her whole career, she hasn't finished yet in the UFC, but completely dominated, I think it's pretty clear she's only a few wins away from a title shot, In a shallow division. I think the same can be said for Nunes, who I think could still use another good win as well, though she looked awesome tonight. So i believe they should make this fight for maybe the next title shot. Makes perfect sense if you ask me

Doesn't make any sense at all. Why would Nunes fight someone thats behind behind her in the rankings when she wants to move up? Nunes needs to fight a top 3 contender to move into title contention. Holly has shown nothing so far. She fought against 2 easy opponents she should've easily finished yet she didn't.

I think they need to keep as many contenders alive as possible. Sending them to Tate and Zingano might be like feeding people to Fitch or Franklin back in the day. Potential contender is set back and Fitch was still not getting that 2nd GSP fight.

most reasonable fight for both of them with a hopeful title shot if they win impresively, but nunes is gonna laugh at holm's pillow pinches and break her face

Nunes goes straight to Ronda.

Holm gets Ronda afterwards if she wins her next fight.

I like it. I'd pick Nunes. More tools.

Correia will get murdered.

Depends on whether Davis shows up to hang on the feet or to pursue a takedown. She was losing to Kaufman on points before getting the takedown and submitting her.

That

aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish

2iub12o.jpg

Would be a good striking battle, but based on both fighters recent fights, I've gotta take Nunes by whatever she wants. What a beast she is.

aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish aish

this, not sure people wana see that

great fight but eliminate a contender

Holms vs Zingano and Nunes vs Davis, anybody got a better match up

Holms vs Nunes
Bethe vs Zingano

Both these matchups make more sense. Ronda can fight Meisha, then the winner of Holm-Nunes in the spring and then Cyborg at UFC 200.

They will baby Holm until they title shot. I doubt they even give her anyone like Liz. Nunes would murk Holm.

Nunes vs Correia
Holm vs Davis

Fuck no.

Nunes is ranked higher than Correia. Besides, Andrade called out and wants a piece of Correia.

Holm vs Kaufman
Nunes vs Davis II
Zingano vs McMann

OR

Holm vs Davis
Nunes vs Kaufman
Zingano vs McMann

If Rowdy would try to stick around as Champion for a long time, my outlook would be different, but right now, I just hope to see Rowdy fight everyone in the Top 10 before she retires.

Last edited:
Fuck no.

Nunes is ranked higher than Correia. Besides, Andrade called out and wants a piece of Correia.

Holm vs Kaufman
Nunes vs Davis II

OR

Holm vs Davis
Nunes vs Kaufman

If Rowdy would try to stick around as Champion for a long time, my outlook would be different, but right now, I just hope to see Rowdy fight everyone in the Top 10 before she retires.

well I'm still fine with that, as long as Correia ger smashed again I'm ok

Rhonda is going to have a long break between Tate and the next fight. Not sure it makes much sense to talk "contender fight"

That can be worked out by the time she gets back. A Contendor Fight in Dec to Feb would make sense

I like that matchup. Good call TS.

Hell with all the douches that thread hijack and suggest a different fight instead of discussing the Threadstarters matchup

Back