"Amanda Nunes' stand up game is light-years ahead of Rousey's" - Mike Thomas Brown

UFC needs a contender for Rousey so of course 'her striking is light years ahead' and they will market the shit out of this as if she is a legit threat to Ronda, then the fight happens and Nunes gets thrown around viciously and subbed or KO/TKO'd in a minute then in come the million excuses about how she wants to fight her again next year and is gonna be the champion.

Her trainer said this?! I'm shocked.

She looked great but nah. I think Nunes is waay too green to handle Rousey. Rouseys striking is beastly.

Wonderful, now tell us if her grappling is up to Olympic Judo standards.

That's a real talent pool.

Anyone trained by Gokor Chivichyan and Judo Gene LeBell at grappling and has that Base coming into MMA has an advantage on any opponent they face.
The fact that she had time to train stand up without her striking exploited... Well now no one will have an upper hand on her in any fight.
The fact that Ronda has such a strong base and can have it as her go-to whenever she decides its going to require someone with an extensive submission and grappling defense aswell as a footwork orientated counter boxing transtion fighter. (switching from boxing to wrestling in a blink )
The UFC really doesnt have someone like that on roster and cyborgs reality is she's going to get armbarred within the first 5 minutes becoming an over emotional striker

Ronda took her out with one liver shot in the first and KO'd bethe. Ronda is a finisher.

I think it's funny that all these trainers say stuff like "she's making men quit" as if her beating some scrub training partner is supposed to make us impressed. Who is she making quit? Jon Jones? Chris Weidman?

Unless you're going to name names, the relevancy is the same as if you say she's beating up all the chicks in the cage, otherwise you should just admit it's a bunch of bullshit and these women aren't the world beaters you make them out to be.

Look at Gegard versus R3 if you want to see how a real match between a man and a woman would go.

I think part of wmmas problem is that they keep trying to build interest in all these hypothetical scenarios rather than focus on what they have.

He's a coach building up his fighter. Calm down.

Both of their striking is garbage for the highest level of MMA.

Mike Brown has the best elbows in ww, maybe Nunes will elbow Ronda before she gets her shit snapped and her clock stopped

Michael thomas Brown-- you're wrong and to make such a statement is fraudulent and your not helping Nunes(unless you're just trying to get her a nice pay day)

"Amanda Nunes stand up game is light-years ahead of Rousey's"

Maybe so. She will get thrown on her head, then submitted.

In the last year we've seen Rousey fight for 1 minute and 4 seconds. I don't see how Mike Brown knows how good Rousey is unless he's seen her spar in camp or something.

Mike Brown has the best elbows in ww, maybe Nunes will elbow Ronda before she gets her shit snapped and her clock stopped

Uh, you're thinking of Matt Brown. Mike Brown was the last FW champ before Aldo.

Back