"Amanda Nunes' stand up game is light-years ahead of Rousey's" - Mike Thomas Brown

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Source

gettyimages-483438352.jpg

"IMO, she's ready. Her stand up game is light-years ahead of Rousey's. Of course the champion is really talented, she's the best. Amanda would have to move really well, strike on the insde and then go back to avoid getting taken down, where Ronda is a phenom"

"We [ATT] have only been with her for her last two fights - against Baszler and McMann - but I guarantee that she was the first female fighter to impress me when I saw her training. I saw her beat men at the trainings. She hit them pretty hard and made them quit striking. And that's not even mentioning her grappling skills, which come from his childhood. She really beat guys in kickboxing sparring matches. It's impressive. Those guys are professionals and don't go easy on anyone. She hit them good. Amanda made them shy with her dominant posture. It sounds crazy, but it's true"

"I think she could beat Ronda right now. Maybe UFC want to work her image a little more or give her experience fights. But today, she's the closest one to being a UFC champion"

She will still biltzkrieg her way into thinking trying to knock Rhowdy Rhonda Rhousey out early in the fight will be the key, only to be clinched and armbarred 30 seconds later

Old news but i agree.But her bottom game is severly lacking if she couldnt avoid the throw she would be finished quick

She is indeed far superior to Rousey on the feet, that's only half the game here, unfortunately.

Her striking was on point. Her ground game didn't seem to shabby either, but defending an R3 arm bar is no easy feat.

she hit them hard and made them quit striking?

usually thats a sign of someone going too hard in sparring and you not wanting to put up with their shit

Nunes' gas tank is only good for one round, but I suppose it doesn't matter if the opponent is Rousey.

She looked good against McMann, but her takedowns are pretty traditional. She didn't handle Cat's suplex well, she's gonna go flying when Ronda ties up with her.

Stand up is light years ahead of Rousey?

Rousey via armbar 00:45 Rd.1

That's great.

Ronda armbar under a minute.

I think it's funny that all these trainers say stuff like "she's making men quit" as if her beating some scrub training partner is supposed to make us impressed. Who is she making quit? Jon Jones? Chris Weidman?

Unless you're going to name names, the relevancy is the same as if you say she's beating up all the chicks in the cage, otherwise you should just admit it's a bunch of bullshit and these women aren't the world beaters you make them out to be.

Look at Gegard versus R3 if you want to see how a real match between a man and a woman would go.

I think part of wmmas problem is that they keep trying to build interest in all these hypothetical scenarios rather than focus on what they have.

She never quite perfected the Liddel sprawl but they don't call her the Lioness for nothing.

She could learn a thing or two from Joanna Champion about working just as hard on your TDD as your striking.

Light years are not a measurement of time.

(Goddamn Dyslexic Dave.)

I was just trying to be witty considering that this thread has already been on page 1 for the last 2 days. With that being said, thanks for informing me that lightyears measure distance not time.

Look at Gegard versus R3 if you want to see how a real match between a man and a woman would go.

To be fair, Gegard prob had like 60-80 pounds on her during that sparing session. That's a huge size difference.

She may be but I'm a firm believer that Rhonda will rag doll her like a savage just like the rest of them.

I think part of wmmas problem is that they keep trying to build interest in all these hypothetical scenarios rather than focus on what they have.

Agree. It's pretty clear that the UFC thinks it's target market of 18-35 year old males will only take an interest in women's fighting if they portray the women as being able to beat up men. Maybe they're right. One quick glance at sherdog forum shows that's what most of the threads are about.

Back