Amanda Nunes is in Amazing Shape (TST)

She looks the way she always looks, a bit flabby and will probably gas in two rounds. I don't get why some people post these pics - why aren't you posting pics of fighters that actually look to be in absolutely tremendous shape? There is absolutely nothing special with the way Nunes looks.

imagine how much pussy she licks lol- UFC champ and shit haha.. the other lesbians gotta love her

Nunes is carrying more flab and she's longer. By stronger I mean Ronda should be able to win the clinch battles and go from there to the ground. Ronda should have the strength advantage throughout the fight, not just at the start of the fight, based on their physiques. I suspect Nunes will utilize kicks more often than she normally does to keep Ronda at a distance and I'll be interested to see if Ronda has a game plan for that.
Don't see much flab on Nunes. But other than that I agree with your post. Either way I don't see this fight going past the 2nd. I would bet Nunes TKO or RR submission in 1st. More than liklely the former.

Don't see much flab on Nunes. But other than that I agree with your post. Either way I don't see this fight going past the 2nd. I would bet Nunes TKO or RR submission in 1st. More than liklely the former.

She's soft. She always soft looking. Maybe flab wasn't the right word. It obviously works for her if she can land the big punch but she has a history of getting out muscled by smaller, more compact women.

Ronda coming back to fight ANYONE in the top 5 right now will be a tough fight. Joanna (Nunes teammate) said that Nunes has been training to fight Ronda before she beat Tate. In my opinion Ronda Rousey wants the Hollywood spotlight. No longer the fighting life. Lets look at Rouseys game plan. Like always she will Rush in, be a bully and try to clinch. She tried that with Holly and paid for it every time she came in. Ronda I highly doubt changed that game plan and against Amandas deadly striking and long reach, not something she will do now. That being said IF they are changing her old successful game plan that got her the belt to avoid getting hit like that again then this will be coming back from a long lay off with a new unproven game plan and hope it works. I dont think that will be the case. I think Rousey sticks to her old ways comes in to do what she always did best only this time with a more fragile jaw/head

I pick Nunes first round KO

I agree. I'm not sure Ronda has the skills to do much else though. I don't think her hands are the problem, I think it's her footwork. Learning movement is no small feat. If she hasn't learned to control the distance and move laterally, she's going to be going home early and eating through a straw for a while.

She looks the way she always looks, a bit flabby and will probably gas in two rounds. I don't get why some people post these pics - why aren't you posting pics of fighters that actually look to be in absolutely tremendous shape? There is absolutely nothing special with the way Nunes looks.
Being able to make your weight without looking completely shredded is an advantage. She is not a bit flabby. This is not bodybuilding competition.

I agree. I'm not sure Ronda has the skills to do much else though. I don't think her hands are the problem, I think it's her footwork. Learning movement is no small feat. If she hasn't learned to control the distance and move laterally, she's going to be going home early and eating through a straw for a while.
YES, footwork and head movement are her flaws. She does not throw technically great punches but she hits hard.

She's soft. She always soft looking. Maybe flab wasn't the right word. It obviously works for her if she can land the big punch but she has a history of getting out muscled by smaller, more compact women.
If Ronda comes in gets clinch and out muscles her to ground , I won't be shocked. It is very plausible. I just feel that Nunes avoiding that and hurting her before that happens is more plausible.

Ronda coming back to fight ANYONE in the top 5 right now will be a tough fight. Joanna (Nunes teammate) said that Nunes has been training to fight Ronda before she beat Tate. In my opinion Ronda Rousey wants the Hollywood spotlight. No longer the fighting life. Lets look at Rouseys game plan. Like always she will Rush in, be a bully and try to clinch. She tried that with Holly and paid for it every time she came in. Ronda I highly doubt changed that game plan and against Amandas deadly striking and long reach, not something she will do now. That being said IF they are changing her old successful game plan that got her the belt to avoid getting hit like that again then this will be coming back from a long lay off with a new unproven game plan and hope it works. I dont think that will be the case. I think Rousey sticks to her old ways comes in to do what she always did best only this time with a more fragile jaw/head

I pick Nunes first round KO

You seem to be one of these posters who assume Nunes is a stick-and-move type striker like Holly. She isn't. She's at her best when her opponent is moving backwards and to get her opponent moving backwards Nunes likes to stand and bang until the other girl retreats. Her style is perfect for Ronda with the one wild card being her rare-for-a-female one punch KO power.

Um, Holly went five rounds with Tate, and was only taken down in 2 rounds.
In comparison, against an undersized Muay Thai fighter in Schevchenko, Nunes went three rounds and was taken down in two rounds.
Miesha tried to take Nunes down several times and failed. Schev also took Holly down

Yes she does. Also Karo was one of the ones who suggested she train her striking with Edmund.
ummm I don't think so but could be wrong. There was a soap opera going on there. Edmond slapped Karo for outing Manny for his life long crush on Ronda (Karo went off on Ronda). Then Travis banned Manny from the gym. It was some days of our lives sh!t going on.Was on Manny's facebook.

Last edited:
She was strong enough to avoid Miesha's takedowns. Something Holly wasn'
OK. But considering Ronda's performances against Meisha, we won't know until the fight who will win the grappling war.

Miesha tried to take Nunes down several times and failed. Schev also took Holly down

Actually looking at it, maybe Schev just has some underrated take downs and grappling ability?
Outside of the Kaufman fight, which was short notice, she has had success against usually stout takedown defense.
Schev took down Holm a surprising 3 times out of 7 attempts (42%).
Schev took down Nunes once in one attempt (100%), but also reversed her and passed at the end of round 2.

In comparison.
Miesha took down Holm 2 times out of 9 attempts (22%).
Rousey failed her only takedown attempt against Holm (0%).
Holm has an overall takedown defense of 77%, while Nunes has a 73%.

Sauce: FightMetric

Back