• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Amanda Nunes is headlining the "biggest" card in ufc history.

I'm confused, they already announced Hunt vs Lesnar the main event with Nunes vs Tate the co main event, why would they swap it around now that the Cormier fight is back on ?

Even if Cormier didn't return, it would make more sense to have bump up a fight like Lauzon vs Diego too fill the main card and have that as the first fight.

Nunes vs Tate could be absolutely horrible, you do not want that fight headlining the card...there is way Hunt vs Lesnar doesn't go the distance.

I can't recall Hunt ever having a boring fight, well...I guess Rothwell and Stipe were bad, but Stipe was a bad weight cut and the Rothwell fight was in denver.

I agree with the "WTF" sentiment. Nothing against her but there are plenty of fighters that would produce that "WTF" reaction to headlining this event. Henry Cejudo just fought for a title and I'd feel the same way if it was that fight headlining. It's nothing against Nunes, there just seems to be a lot of other people the UFC would have picked ahead of her to be in their biggest event ever (as some perceive it) if they had more time but unfortunately things fell apart at the last minute. I thought Aldo v. Edgar would have gotten it.

Crazy that the main event is one of the fights I am least excited for on this card.

Back