Amanda Nunes gives me hope for WMMA

TheToqueville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm with you sherbros, 95% of wmma is Cindy Dandois level trash that doesn't belong on cards.

But there are a couple of female fighters that I will gladly pay to see on a main card.

Amanda Nunes throws leather in there like a dude, and has more finishes than most of male fighters, After the mansized beatdown she put on Cyborg, I'll gladly pay to watch her on any main fight card. Would love to see her put a nice smack on Valentina and end the tryhard hypejob.

Rose Namajunas is another one who throws down.

Carla Esparza and even Rachel Ostovich may not be world beaters, but they throw hands in there, and I'm ok with watching them fight.

Not all of WMMA is trash. Hell, Amanda could probably give a couple of male fighters a run for their money. If more fighters like Nunes and Rose end up coming to fruition, I have no issues with seeing them on cards.

Many great fighters in the past and present.

200px-MegumiFujii.png

WMMA needs time to develop, just like the men did. The level has already grown tremendously considering where it started.

Mma is still very young as a sport. We're watching the pioneers right now and I can only imagine what the fighters will be like in another 25 years and then 75 years. Nunes doesn't get the recognition she should but I think she's probably number 1 in all of wmma at this time

Holy shit a poster with some fucking sense

{<redford}

o6ail4gibn721.gif

Last edited:
I respect all fighters for exposing themselves to something as difficult as fighting, and would gladly pay money to watch a handful of them fight (Nunes being one of them).

To me, the top-tier of WMMA is approximately near the average of regular MMA in terms of enjoyment. So I don't mind them on cards or even PPVs, but generally don't like them headlining.

Just my personal preference

I've been a fan since the Julia Budd fight in Strikeforce. Nunes has the best KO's in WMMA.

The Valentina fights weren't her best showings (especially the rematch), but one of the easiest way to beat a boring point-fighter is to out-bore them. :)

I also like Rose, Andrade, Maycee Barber, and Aspen Ladd.

There's a lack of worthwhile opponents for both her and Rose

That's what they said about Ronda 2 years ago. And then she was surpassed.

And she was much more dominant than Nunes, let alone Rose.

Nunes always looked good even from her early days. She's definitely women's GOAT right now and would continue to be even if she lost.

Nunes should be blowing up right now after that ass whooping. It's ridiculous how badly the UFC has handled this.

I'm with you sherbros, 95% of wmma is Cindy Dandois level trash that doesn't belong on cards.

But there are a couple of female fighters that I will gladly pay to see on a main card.

Amanda Nunes throws leather in there like a dude, and has more finishes than most of male fighters, After the mansized beatdown she put on Cyborg, I'll gladly pay to watch her on any main fight card. Would love to see her put a nice smack on Valentina and end the tryhard hypejob.

Rose Namajunas is another one who throws down.

Carla Esparza and even Rachel Ostovich may not be world beaters, but they throw hands in there, and I'm ok with watching them fight.

Not all of WMMA is trash. Hell, Amanda could probably give a couple of male fighters a run for their money. If more fighters like Nunes and Rose end up coming to fruition, I have no issues with seeing them on cards.
"Would love to see her put a nice smack on Valentina and end the tryhard hypejob."
She already tried that, couldn't get the job done. Give her cred for the W but Valentina ain't no hype job, she's the real deal.

Please stop WMMA, its horrible.
<{1-1}>
#twogirlsfighting

Feminine behavior.

GSP fans have been really emotional over the last couple of days, as they struggle to come to terms with his fading relevance.

First stage is denial, then grief, then coming to terms.

They'll be ok soon.

Back