Media Amanda Nunes blitzing Cyborg is the 2nd most shocking MMA moment of all time

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Did anyone expect Nunes to win the way she did? Literally went into Cyborg's bread and butter and DOMINATED her. WMMA goat. This Nunes would be able to trash a 128 pound Bruce Lee in a straight up MMA match.

How you gonna say second and not let us know what you think is the 1st???

That's the only way I imagined Nunes winning, would have been more surprised to see her work Cyborg over 5 rds.

How you gonna say second and not let us know what you think is the 1st???
He's alluding to the fact that Holly vs Ronda was the first.

As in he's secretly trying to tell you how awesome and important WMMA is without you realising.

<seedat>

Last edited:

Did anyone expect Nunes to win the way she did? Literally went into Cyborg's bread and butter and DOMINATED her. WMMA goat. This Nunes would be able to trash a 128 pound Bruce Lee in a straight up MMA match.

Bruce Lee was an actor who did martial arts movies in the 1960s and 70s. Not a professional fighter. She probably would beat his ass.

Definitely one of the top 3 most satisfying KOs of all time.

Bisping - Rockhold and Lima - MVP being the other two.

It’s WMMA brah, it’s not that serious

Conor Aldo is number 1 for me.

Then Weidman/Anderson 1

You're a garbage ts for not including #1 bruh

That's a successful bait thread in my book, got everyone's curiosity, good job

That dude hits hard!

I did. In fact I got some money off of it. Amanda is power and precision. I knew she would find Cyborg's chin. That is what you get for only roiding and fighting undersized soccer moms, you don't develop technique. There is no need to.

cyborg has actually developed decent stand up technique over the years through her trainer and sparring with bro boxers and kick boxers. The thing is if you are smaller and weaker than her she goes into brawler mode, if you frustrate her or land some good shots she goes into brawler mode, if she has a reason to be angry at you- brawler. seems easy to fluster her and throw her off her game. If she actually lost muscle and made the cut to 135 even 125 we would see her technique shine but i don't see that happening. she roided a lot. was only caught once but she for sure was doing it for a long while before that and her style reflects those choices and always will no matter how much technical knowledge she develops her go to, her base is to bully.

beating holly standing could be considered impressive but she was to big and to powerful- fought like a bully. it sucks for her but getting caught cheating when she has the style she does left open to strict criticism until the day she retires. Its worse than just being someone to big for the weight class and cutting to much weight. she just has to much of an unnatural advantage even if she hasn't touched a roid in a decade. it doesn't matter.

Damn lifted her off her feet.
Cyborg is a slow, clunky brawler. Nunes is all precision, speed and athleticism.

I didn't expect it but was not surprised either. Gilbert Aldana's drowning or Justin Levens' murder/suicide of his wife are more shocking. Plus billions of other things more shocking than Nunes beating Cyborg.

I still think Diaz knocking out Lawler was both more shocking at the time and in hindsight.

As for regards to number one. I would have to say GSP / Serra was the most shocking upset. Aldo / Conor is also a good answer. Never thought Aldo could lose that quickly.

Anderson had been clowning and keeping his hands down in fights for years. It was only a matter of time until he got caught.

Holm vs Ronda wasn't shocking at all. Ronda whilst very dominant in her prior fights, clearly had elementary striking, especially on the defensive end. And she came to think highly of her striking, stating she could knock men out, and so forth, giving her a false sense of security on the feet. I forget which fight, but I remember her throwing wingers with absolutely zero concern for defence. Thats exactly how one would picture her losing, ie. not by a grappling exchange for example.

Yes, I knew Amanda was a better striker. It wasnt shocking at all

Back