Media Amanda Nunes blitzing Cyborg is the 2nd most shocking MMA moment of all time

Did anyone expect Nunes to win the way she did? Literally went into Cyborg's bread and butter and DOMINATED her. WMMA goat. This Nunes would be able to trash a 128 pound Bruce Lee in a straight up MMA match.

why are you bringing up bruce lee into this conversation? I don't get it...he was not an mma fighter...he trained for street fighting...but please, bruce lee shouldn't even be a topic when talking about nunes..

Nunes would destroy Conor

come on now guy...she might hit hard for a girl...but put her against any man, and she'd be killed...and remember, she's about as powerful a woman there is in mma...but not compared to a man. stop with this feminist bullshit.

Did anyone expect Nunes to win the way she did? Literally went into Cyborg's bread and butter and DOMINATED her. WMMA goat. This Nunes would be able to trash a 128 pound Bruce Lee in a straight up MMA match.

That was a glorious moment but these two were more unexpected.

Bruce Lee was an actor who did martial arts movies in the 1960s and 70s. Not a professional fighter. She probably would beat his ass.

Ok first, elvis was an actor also...but does that take away from his music career? Ali also acted in a movie...get my point? bruce lee was a martial artist first and foremost...he was a freak of nature, according to literally everyone that trained and sparred with him...and that is coming from the best fighters alive at the time...Joe lewis, bob wall, jim kelley, chuck norris...but i guess you know more than them, right? Jim kelley said he was the most incredible fighter he'd ever seen...he's given many interviews before he died on the matter...so please, just stop with "he was just an actor" he had 2 martial arts schools, with tons of students, before he ever got into acting as an adult.

I still think Diaz knocking out Lawler was both more shocking at the time and in hindsight.
Why? They were both unanked up and comers and Nick was picking him apart before the KO

I put money on Nunes and I'm not really one for wild speculative bets on anything. It was a bad style match up for Cyborg, Nunes is an excellent brawler.

I'm appalled that it took until the end of the first page for GSP/Serra to even be mentioned for #1. For shame.

Gonzaga - Cro Cop is number 1 for me, followed by Serra - GSP.

Second most shocking WMMA MOMENT or MMA MOMENT?

WMMA - sure
MMA in general - this fight isn't in the top 10 in terms of most shocking.

But I like how you made the hypothetical Bruce Lee vs Nunes matchup lol.

Inb4 "Cyborg and Rousey were past their prime!"

I wasn't shocked. Nunes throws straight punches. Cyborg throws hooks. Nunes is faster than Cyborg. It was acedemic.

Gonzaga/Cro Cop
Werdum/Fedor
Serra/GSP
Randleman/Cro Cop

I did. In fact I got some money off of it. Amanda is power and precision. I knew she would find Cyborg's chin. That is what you get for only roiding and fighting undersized soccer moms, you don't develop technique. There is no need to.

Agreed i kind of figured that also after i watched her shite performance in kickboxing against a journeywoman

He's elluding to the fact that Holly vs Ronda was the first.

As in he's secretly trying to tell you how awesome and important WMMA is without you realising.

<seedat>
He said most shocking in MMA not WMMA. He has to be referring to Serra vs GSP 1 doesn't he?

It was surprising how fast it happened, but I always thought Nunes had a very good chance at beating Cyborg. I also thought GDR had a very shot at Cyborg, which made that situation all the more bewildering.

It's shocking to me that someone could think this is even close to the top 10 of shocking moments in MMA.

come on now guy...she might hit hard for a girl...but put her against any man, and she'd be killed...and remember, she's about as powerful a woman there is in mma...but not compared to a man. stop with this feminist bullshit.

she ko'd the female wanderlei silva. do you know what wanderlei would do to conor???
lol nunes concusses conor far worse than money may and khabib combined.

Amanda was a dominant champ known for her speed and power already.

What were the odds? Would have thought pretty even.

Back