Media Amanda Nunes and Cris Cyborg Get into Heated Argument at UFC 232 Media Conference Call

Wasn't re2a heated argument, ended with.. No emotions I respect her etc. It's gonna be a good fight, which i hardly can say about wmma. I got cyborg by ko. Amanda didn't need 9 months to fight a bigger fighter, she said she had an injury and to be 100%. Which probably isn't going to help her much.

Team Nunes on this one. This fight doesn't need months to promote. Amanda is coming up in weight and she needed to be healthy and with a full camp.

It's arguably the best wmma fight ever. Highest skill levels at this moment in time. If Nunes wins she's immediately in goat discussion. If Cyborg loses she's out of them imho.

Good questions. Generating some heat & you did it respectfully. Agree with you nothing but respect for the both. Let's hope it's a great fight!

Who let them out of the kitchen? Were they arguing over who makes the better sandwich?

I feel letdown after listening to that. Very little bad blood at all.

Amanda already seems like she's getting son'ed too. Thinking of dropping my pie in the sky parlay on her.

Cyborg is so corny. Same as Valentina. What’s with these MMA fighters trying to bully people into taking fights when they are injured?

If they're not speaking in Portuguese (with subtitles) I don't want to hear it.

i hope Nunes ko's cyborg so bad.

Cyborg in my eyes is a worse cheater then Jon Jones.

Cyborg is wrong, you know. Amanda has definitely a point.

I'm sure this conference call will be of interest to linguists and students of Brazilian English but I'm giving it a miss.

Already know the timescales, how the fight was originally scheduled for UFC Rio until Cyborg stepped in at short notice to save 222 - seemingly making weight is no longer an issue for her - then after Nunes fought Pennington at 224 in Rio, Cris was demanding the fight go down at 226. Too soon.

Mandy is right, Cris is wrong - although I guess she'll win the fight, or maybe not.

I'm sure this conference call will be of interest to linguists and students of Brazilian English but I'm giving it a miss.

Already know the timescales, how the fight was originally scheduled for UFC Rio until Cyborg stepped in at short notice to save 222 - seemingly making weight is no longer an issue for her - then after Nunes fought Pennington at 224 in Rio, Cris was demanding the fight go down at 226. Too soon.

Mandy is right, Cris is wrong - although I guess she'll win the fight, or maybe not.
The point is the weigh, Amanda said she needed more time to be ready physically for the fight, and she is absolutely right. Without drugs, 9 months is a good period to gain muscles and strength to face someone like Cyborg. It is acceptable.

Both of these dudes need to calm down.
giphy.gif

Haven't listened but it can't be as bad as Nunes vs Shevchenko.

A Portuguese speaking person and a Russian speaking person arguing in English. So hard to listen to.

There's no gentle romantic scissoring in that relationship

I'm gonna say this again for the intellectually impaired cyborg fans... yes she's a big girl. But if you can seriously tell me that lifting weights isn't a big part of her muscle mass then you're too delusional to even debate.

Cyborg is thee most entitled fighter EVER. 95% of her opponents are actually 135ers who come in unhealthy usually. GOATs fight in weight classes that have challenges... I've said this again and again, if a super heavyweight beat nothing but HWs and every fight the SHW had, had to be catered to and have a weightclass made special for them... would they be considered GOAT? Nope.

She's so offended that a 135er who cuts fat to get to 135 wants to gain muscle to fight her at 145... she is beyond entitled and delusional.

Skill wise she's probably the best or one of the best. But in actuality she fights nothing but much smaller girls. She is a freak show fighter and nothing more. Sorry. It is what it is.

Back