• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Amanda "champ champ" Nunes wants to defend FW belt after Holm fight.

So excited for more WMMA fights on every card

giphy.gif

Cris is the only fight and although Nunes should be the favourite Cris can win the fight if she fights smart and can control her urge to go chute boxe when she gets hit.

Outside of cris no one would even be a threat.

Megan is big enough and probably hits hard enough but lacks the skills. You Beat nunes with skill not by going head to head - she's too fast and hits too hard.

Who the fuck is she going to fight?

The winner of Megan Anderson v Felicia Spencer? Shit,, she could fight them both on the same night.

Fuck it, she could fight both of them at the same time
LMAO!

id like to see the cyborg rematch actually.. to see if cyborg had a bad night, looked past her the first fight... or if Nunes is actually that much better than her and Cyborg was just good at fighting smaller girls the whole time
If it's not a Cyborg rematch please don't bother
Unless it's vs a rematch with Cyborg, it's pointless.
Last I heard, Cyborg is out of the UFC soon. Who knows tho, this announcement might change things.

At first, I didn't really see the point in a rematch with Cyborg; after all, Nunes totally out-classed Cyborg and mercilessly destroyed her with contemptuous ease in seconds (like I said she would). But, now I'm kind of warming up to the idea of a rematch. If Nunes KOs Cyborg again, then Cyborg's entire legacy will be erased. No GOAT discussion. Not Top 10 WMMA discussion. It'll just be a clear-cut case of "Cyborg picked on 135ers and even 125ers for years until she ran into someone her size...then she got obliterated"

Jarl

You should stop using drugs before you end up on the streets. Or worse, in jail. Just a matter of time

Lol and you think you're the authority in this context? Telling me what I should or shouldn't do lol.

Well YOU should stop posting so much. I didnt see your post count but I did see a green name so you're prob a goof with nothing better to do than shitpost all day so I doubt you really know anything about anything bruh

huuuhhhhhh what you smoking

I dont recognize.nunes as.a true double champ. Partly because wmma is a farce but also bc cyborg literally gave her the belt for free. She didnt earn it like Conor and DC did

This. Also at calling Nunes a double champ lol she is not. She won two belts but shes not a champ champ.

Says a guy with a Cromier AV, the guy that only won the belt because Jones wasnt there (was defeated twice by Bones) and is defending the HW belt against jokes like Black Beast and Lesnar. STFU!

Who the fuck is she going to fight?

The winner of Megan Anderson v Felicia Spencer? Shit,, she could fight them both on the same night.

Fuck it, she could fight both of them at the same time

I could see Fee tapping her out. Does anybody believe that Cyborg seriously trains bjj, these days? Assuming Fee can survive the initial onslaught. And we both know there is zero evidence so far to say she can’t. It’s just a matter of whether Fee can take the power of Cyborg.

Fee taps out Megan easily if she isn’t ko’d early. Again, can Fee take the power? But as Holly showed. A smart fighter will avoid that at all costs. Megan is horrible on the ground. And has Megan ever been headkicked?

At first, I didn't really see the point in a rematch with Cyborg; after all, Nunes totally out-classed Cyborg and mercilessly destroyed her with contemptuous ease in seconds (like I said she would). But, now I'm kind of warming up to the idea of a rematch. If Nunes KOs Cyborg again, then Cyborg's entire legacy will be erased. No GOAT discussion. Not Top 10 WMMA discussion. It'll just be a clear-cut case of "Cyborg picked on 135ers and even 125ers for years until she ran into someone her size...then she got obliterated"

Jarl
Even if she does get beat twice, she'll still be in top ten WMMA fighters. Maybe not top five, but you're gonna run out of superstars really quick in WMMA. There's only like 5.

Yeah and Conor sparked the 10 year undefeated fw goat in 12 seconds but it doesnt mean hes better.

Even wmma fighters can get lucky. For fucks sake were talking about Nunes, she was a total can before lucking into the belt and imo it's only a matter of time before shes exposed again

I admit though, if she were hetero I'd be a lot more willing to look past her luck but hey, what can you do

Had nothing to do with luck.

Her game plan was to bait Cyborg into a brawl, and it worked. When Cyborg gets hit hard, she goes into berserker mode. Nunes capitalized.

If Cyborg can work a gameplan and take the fight into deep rounds, I'd still favor her. But we'll see if there's a rematch.

Lol and you think you're the authority in this context? Telling me what I should or shouldn't do lol.

Well YOU should stop posting so much. I didnt see your post count but I did see a green name so you're prob a goof with nothing better to do than shitpost all day so I doubt you really know anything about anything bruh

I dont recognize.nunes as.a true double champ. Partly because wmma is a farce but also bc cyborg literally gave her the belt for free. She didnt earn it like Conor and DC did

Your logic is terrible. Nunes is more of a champ-champ than Conor was simply due to the fact she'd at least defend either of her titles. DC who is a great person only became champion because Jones won't fight at HW and got stripped due to turinabol. Considering who Nunes has beaten on her way to becoming champion of both divisions is actually impressive. Defeated Valentina twice, TKO'ed Rousey, KO'ed Cyborg, subbed Miesha, will be facing Holly next. She's taken on the best female MMA fighters available at 135 and went up at 145. What else does she need to do? Or maybe you just have an irrational hate-boner for her.

Did Amanda take your girl?

At least she wants to defend both belts unlike Cormier, who was more than happy to give up his belt as soon as Jones cameback LOL

It would HAVE TO be Cyborg 2. That's literally the only fight worth having at 145.

Nunes via destruction again.
She hits too hard and she's too precise for Cyborg.

I was at 232 when she beat Cyborg. I'll never forget it. The place went absolute apeshit.
Same, the reaction to the cyborg knockout was much louder than when jones ko'd gustaffson, lol.
Still gives me fucking chills watching the video, knowing I was there and that I was one of the fans going completely ape shit.
My vocal cords were fucking fried after what happened, lol, i went nuts

I'm not telling you to quit drugs. I'm say you should, before you end homeless or locked up. The choice is yours.

Your logic is terrible. Nunes is more of a champ-champ than Conor was simply due to the fact she'd at least defend either of her titles. DC who is a great person only became champion because Jones won't fight at HW and got stripped due to turinabol. Considering who Nunes has beaten on her way to becoming champion of both divisions is actually impressive. Defeated Valentina twice, TKO'ed Rousey, KO'ed Cyborg, subbed Miesha, will be facing Holly next. She's taken on the best female MMA fighters available at 135 and went up at 145. What else does she need to do? Or maybe you just have an irrational hate-boner for her.

Did Amanda take your girl?
I think he just doesn't respect female fighters like a lot of people here .

Why the flying fuck isn't the Holly Holm fight at 145 then?

Holly beat Megan Anderson who is basically the 145 #1 contender by default.

There is basically no one else at 145 who hasn't lost badly to either Nunes or Holly and Holly is easily the most marketable contender at 145 (that could be advertised as a potential threat to... win).

Holly is about to ish ish her way into double champ status. Wins the UD at 135, goes up for the 145 belt and wins lol.

Says a guy with a Cromier AV, the guy that only won the belt because Jones wasnt there (was defeated twice by Bones) and is defending the HW belt against jokes like Black Beast and Lesnar. STFU!
DC lost to turinabol bro at least in the rematch anyway, bc he was doing work on Jones before the kick

That being said I love them both and adore them. They're real fighters and champions. Nunes is a wmma fighter. Not the same lol

Back