Am I the only one who thinks Max Holloway is a great win for Conor?

jko1355

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
People seem to be talking about how Brandao won't be that good of a win and neither would Miller have been.

I hear constanly about how Conor has no good wins.

I think Max Holloway is a legit prospect who will probably be top ten and should be in the top 15 ufc now.

I thought Max beat Bermudez who everyone is high on and has beat everybody else except Porier on short notice and Conor.

I am not a huge Conor fan but people saying he has no good wins confuse me especially how well Conor did in the standup and with the wrestling in that fight.

Am I the outlier hear and is Max a scrub and I am just confused?

Max and Brimage are both good wins imo. You ain't good around here if you don't have wins over Chuck Liddell or Brock Lesnar. He beat them decisively as well.

Conor had no trouble with Max either, who beat Bermudez imo. You're right as well about everyone riding on Bermudez balls lol.

Max and Brimage are both good wins imo. You ain't good around here if you don't have wins over Chuck Liddell or Brock Lesnar. He beat them decisively as well.

Conor had no trouble with Max either, who beat Bermudez imo. You're right as well about everyone riding on Bermudez balls lol.

Bermudez is exciting but he is currently ranked at 11 right now with his best win being against holloway... I think his spot would belong to Max if he got the decision I feel he deserved, putting Conor actually around that spot...

Conor is currently ranked 13th with 2 fights in the ufc... I know everyone hates someone that is getting hype but that is pretty legit.

I think it is a legit win, but max looked really off that night compared to the fights that followed. I think Max would put up a better fight in a rematch.

100% agreed and to add to that, he won two of those rounds with a bum knee.

I think it is a legit win, but max looked really off that night compared to the fights that followed. I think Max would put up a better fight in a rematch.

He looked off because Connor lit him up like a Christmas tree.

It's a great win, but it's overshadowed by all of Conor's hype. If Conor hadn't had so much hype going into fight people would be giving it more meaning, but Connor is strongly hyped up so it won't matter to anyone unless it's in the top 5.

agreed. holloway is prob my fav prospect besides thatch, and if bellator wasnt stupid they would work on stealing the kid from the ufc. he's young, about as young as mma prospects come these days, and he's already a top fighter imho, along with do bronx at FW. Both have a ways to go and years to get there, and do bronx needs some lower level guys to get that confidence holloway has. anyway, yea, im on the train dude

Yes, it's a solid win. Probably better than Brandao or Miller.

He looked off because Connor lit him up like a Christmas tree.

I know this is not related to the thread, but I saw ur sig...

Hate to burst ur bubble but those ufc fantasy rankings were definitly bogus. They had everyone in the top ranking to make u feel good.

Brimage and Holloway are both good wins.

I still feel like I need some sort of reassurance from him though.

I guess it's the crazy hype, that makes me feel like this guy isn't the "real thing".

Yes. Out of the millions of fans worldwide it is YOU, sir, and only you, who thinks this way. Congratulations. I admire your courageous display of individuality.

It's a good win. Max is a young, talented fighter, and Conor handled him well even with a serious injury.

Bermudez is exciting but he is currently ranked at 11 right now with his best win being against holloway... I think his spot would belong to Max if he got the decision I feel he deserved, putting Conor actually around that spot...

Conor is currently ranked 13th with 2 fights in the ufc... I know everyone hates someone that is getting hype but that is pretty legit.

Exactly, those aren't easy fights as well and Conor beat them decisively which is legit. He has a lot of hype but you can't say those 2 wins aren't impressive.

max got destroyed

i hope conors knee doesn't mess up his career

Back