Am I the only one who thinks Max Holloway is a great win for Conor?

Max and brimage are both solid wins. Miller would have been a good next fight. Brandao is a higher ranked opponent but an easier fight style-wise.

This thing with McGregor is that despite being a great prospect his hype is built almost entirely off his hipster Irish ruffian archetype, which has led to a backlash amongst hardcore fight fans since how much of a character a fighter is has no bearing on how good at fighting they are and the two attributes almost never line up.

Most great fighters are a bunch of boring ass motherfuckers.

It was a great win and like others have said it is even more impressive that he won the second part of the fight with a torn ACL.

Max and brimage are both solid wins. Miller would have been a good next fight. Brandao is a higher ranked opponent but an easier fight style-wise.

This thing with McGregor is that despite being a great prospect his hype is built almost entirely off his hipster Irish ruffian archetype, which has led to a backlash amongst hardcore fight fans since how much of a character a fighter is has no bearing on how good at fighting they are and the two attributes almost never line up.

Most great fighters are a bunch of boring ass motherfuckers.

This.

I agree with you the Halloway win was legit, he is a talented striker with a ground game. Conor also got pretty severely injured in that fight as well. I think he will light Brandao up in the stand up Porier will be a good test.

I thought it was a great win, especially considering the injury. Max Holloway is consistently impressive.

I think it is a legit win, but max looked really off that night compared to the fights that followed. I think Max would put up a better fight in a rematch.

He was off that night, the reason was fear...

Dominating Holloway like that was very impressive

Max and Brimage are both good wins imo. You ain't good around here if you don't have wins over Chuck Liddell or Brock Lesnar. He beat them decisively as well.

Conor had no trouble with Max either, who beat Bermudez imo. You're right as well about everyone riding on Bermudez balls lol.

So true, people ride on Bermudez but Holloway clearly beat him

Considering Max looked completely lost in the stand up (specifically the first round) and Max's specialty is his stand, I'd say that it was a good win for Conor. Brandao however is a step backwards.

Back