Am I the only one thinking/betting Diaz (t)ko?

evilbrent

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It is understandable that most, minus delusional Conor fanboys, are predicting the fight to go down the same as the first, and end in a round 2/3 sub. While very likely, I would say a (t)ko is just as likely for me. The tko was coming in the first, but sub just presented itself first and Diaz took the neck.

But my main reasoning behind this is because I feel McGregor got the most shit for calling out panic wrestlers, then turning into one himself. Although a smart, and entertaining fighter, I think he's quite possibly the most stubborn fighter as well, and if (when) he gets tagged, he will refuse to turn into the so called panic wrestler. Also, I think he's learned his lesson and knows it's a terrible idea against the ground game of Nate. In which case, comes the (t)ko.

Of course, I can see the sub as well, but I don't think the fight will make it to the ground without someone getting rocked and knocked down.

Shieeettt, Diaz by tko/ko @ +570? I'll take that bet. I'll end up betting a Diaz finish for rounds 2 (+650) / 3 (+875) as well. Yes, people, I will post my bet slips as well. Check my history, I always do. I know the rulesss.

Just so we can get this out of the way early:

original

Thoughts?

The odds are equal - you definitely aren't the only one.

Certainly a possibility, the TKO was coming, that's why Conor went for the TD to begin with. Who knows how this fight will play out though.

I think Diaz may take him out on the feet in the 3rd or 4th.

I think Connor's chin is good enough, and he has enough star power that Nate will have to really pile on to get a TKO.
I like Nate to get another mercy tap from Connor, McGregor will present his neck again and Nate will tap him.
Same song, different day
I do like the value on Nate inside two rounds though

Once a panic wrestler, always a panic wrestler. Maybe a nate tko via gNp but i see sub as highly likely. Nate is already a wayy better grappler than conor, if he has him rocked on top of that then he becomes light years ahead of him on the ground.

The odds are equal - you definitely aren't the only one.
But Diaz sub is listed at +210, opposed to the tko @ +570.. When in my mind, these odds should be dead even. But who knows, I guess. I bet the wrong way plenty times.

I think Connor's chin is good enough, and he has enough star power that Nate will have to really pile on to get a TKO.
I like Nate to get another mercy tap from Connor, McGregor will present his neck again and Nate will tap him.
Same song, different day
I do like the value on Nate inside two rounds though
conor has a lot of star power? Wtf are you serious? Star power can now help you avoid being tkod?

Conor will again rather panic wrestle his way into submission than get knocked out

conor has a lot of star power? Wtf are you serious? Star power can now help you avoid being tkod?
You're missing my point, or I didn't present it clearly.
If you watch the reffing in MMA fights SOMETIMES, fighters who are known to be notoriously tough get way more chances to prove that they're still conscious and actively defending themselves than others. Also some refs let fights go a bit longer in championship matches and mainevents relative to others, presumably because they don't want to be the guy to end a fight prematurely when all the marbles are on the line.
Of course having star power doesn't prevent you from being TKO'd, but ( and I fully acknowledge that I'm probably wrong, given this is based strictly on anecdotal evidence) it seems to me that refs give certain fighters and certain fights more chances than others. Strictly my opinion.

You're missing my point, or I didn't present it clearly.
If you watch the reffing in MMA fights SOMETIMES, fighters who are known to be notoriously tough get way more chances to prove that they're still conscious and actively defending themselves than others. Also some refs let fights go a bit longer in championship matches and mainevents relative to others, presumably because they don't want to be the guy to end a fight prematurely when all the marbles are on the line.
Of course having star power doesn't prevent you from being TKO'd, but ( and I fully acknowledge that I'm probably wrong, given this is based strictly on anecdotal evidence) it seems to me that refs give certain fighters and certain fights more chances than others. Strictly my opinion.
ok well that makes a little more sense.

Conor did learn from the first fight that the panic wrestling gives just a fucked up night for him.
I am expecting a KO Maynard style by Nate

Conor did learn from the first fight that the panic wrestling gives just a fucked up night for him.
I am expecting a KO Maynard style by Nate
Exactly the comparison I was going to make.

Yes, you are the only one. You are a special little snowflake

No you aren't alone you special snowflake. Diaz had him hurt badly on the feet and could have easily just as finished him with strikes on the ground as that RNC.

what happened to the next muli-weight champion? now we are talking about him trying to beat a maybe top 15 lw. lol

Back