Am I the only one thinking/betting Diaz (t)ko?

They're appealing odds, but probably about right. Conor's ground instincts are to look for ways to escape, and better grapplers take advantage of his missteps.

Nate Sub +210 vs. Nate KO +570, I see more value in the sub. Nate has Conor in peril and most of the time he's taking the neck whether it's a triangle or an RNC.

If Conor stumbles instead of shooting, Nate likely winds up on top against a groggy but conscious McGregor. Still, not bad odds.

Am I the only one who thinks this fight is stupid, favoritism bullshit? I won't nothing to do with it.

You're missing my point, or I didn't present it clearly.
If you watch the reffing in MMA fights SOMETIMES, fighters who are known to be notoriously tough get way more chances to prove that they're still conscious and actively defending themselves than others. Also some refs let fights go a bit longer in championship matches and mainevents relative to others, presumably because they don't want to be the guy to end a fight prematurely when all the marbles are on the line.
Of course having star power doesn't prevent you from being TKO'd, but ( and I fully acknowledge that I'm probably wrong, given this is based strictly on anecdotal evidence) it seems to me that refs give certain fighters and certain fights more chances than others. Strictly my opinion.

I fully agree, to use just two examples, look at McGregor vs Mendes and Rockhold vs Weidman, both reffed by Herb Dean. Mendes was dropped with a big punch but not out and was coherently blocking the punches Conor was pouring onto him and Herb stopped it, not an awful stoppage but somewhat premature. Compare that to Rockhold vs Weidman wherein Herb stood and watched intently while Weidman ate punch after punch from mount for literally about 40 seconds non-stop and still didn't stop it.

Back