Am I the only one that wasn't insanely impressed with Rousey's performance?

No one expected her to one punch KO her in 34 seconds. Like everyone else, I was expecting an armbar in the first. Ronda wasn't scared of shit... went in there and knocked her out quick in Bethe's strongest game

If the Miesha Tate that fought last week fought the Ronday Rousey that fought yesterday, unless Ronda has an iron chin (we've no way of knowing) , we'd have a new champion.

The result was impressive though. It is awesome seeing a champion take such huge risks as well. But if she comes up against a girl that can keep her head straight and throw a straight punch down the pipe. She'll get lit up. I know the the people the have been quick to take away from her achievements have used this argument many times before and seen the same results. Her chin was way out there and she was winging pretty wild. That wont always work. Ask Wanderlei

Yes, the Tate that didnt KO somebody and has been KO'd before would totally beat the Ronda that did KO somebody and hasn't been KO'd before.

Her headmovement was lacking? ...

When did she get hit? ... Should she be moving her head around a bunch just for the fuck of it?

She couldn't have won that fight any more convincingly.

Ronda could've went in and looked like TJ Dillashaw and people would still be saying they weren't impressed.

Ronda went in to make a statement. She wanted to put Correia away quickly and she did just that. She went straight after her and knocked her the fuck out.

What more do you want? No matter what she does, people whine. She could've taken her down and submitted her in 10 seconds and people would still be hating on her, calling her a one trick pony. Well, that one trick is pretty damn good, isn't it?

There's a lot of fighters who are 'one trick pony's' but only Ronda gets hate for it. Kinda ridiculous.

I wasn't impressed at all. She did exactly what everyone knew she was gonna do. I don't know anybody who felt like Bethe had the slightest chance.

I'm a Rousey fan (see my AV) but I agree her striking didn't look as good as I thought it would. It was a bit wild and left lots of openings for counters, but considering she's got a grappling background and basically has the only one punch ko in wmma history (that I can think of at least) it's hard to complain too much. She's far ahead of the game, but can still improve.

What more could you ask for? It was a nice KO.

I don't disagree. I love a good KO as much as the next guy. But people are saying she's improving at a super fast rate, and I just don't see the improvement.

2 things to say.

First, you're NOT a fan as you claim. You're a hater trying to disguise yourself as a fan. :icon_lol:

Second, it's SMART to bullrush and eat shots where necessary when your opponents lack the size/strength to KO you with a single punch. It's called strategy and risk/reward.

If she was a man then it would be dumb to bullrush cuz they have more KO power.

But the women's divisions don't have that kind of power so WHY the FUCK should women fighters use 'safe' gameplans that pertain to men's power?

Be like water. If women can't knock you out then bullrush them beeyotches.

Winning is all that matters.

Dancing around like Mighty Mouse for 5 rounds isn't better than KO'ing your opponent in one round. Doesn't matter how fucken 'safe' you're being. Winning is winning.

I promise you, I'm not a hater. I came to her defense when people were shitting on the way she came off on TUF. I've been a fan ever since she came into the scene in Strikeforce.

Was the win impressive in the general sense? Yes! Beating anyone in 34 seconds in MMA is nothing to take lightly. I'm glad she abandoned this plan of letting the fight go longer. Prolonging the fight for the purpose of sadism is a VERY BAD idea in MMA no matter how superior to your opponent you are. Get in, win, get out should always be the method.

But the thing is, no one was really expecting Bethe to give her a hard time. It's just that the way people were talking about this fight afterwards. I thought she did some magnificent things leading up to the finish, showed a new arsenal of her game. But when I saw it, it was still the same as her previous fights. I was expecting to maybe see some head movement or perhaps some bobbing in her striking, but she was still taking considerable shots to the head, even in the 34 seconds. Her striking defense looks like it hasn't improved at all. If Bethe had ANY kind of power what-so-ever, Rousey could've been easily been rocked, then many people would be having a different discussion about how she needs to be more careful.

Winning off of your athletic advantage is fine. But eventually, that advantage will run out. And even if she retires before that ever happens, enough technical prowess would overcome any athletic advantage a fighter has. It's been proven time and time again. I just feel like the level of fight IQ in WBW needs to improve more than anything.

So yes, it was a great performance. And It's entertaining to see a fighter consistently run over everyone in his/her division. But looking at an honest breakdown of the fight, I'm sorry if I'm not all the way impressed with seeing someone beat another fighter they were supposed to beat, all the while showing all of the same flaws in her stand-up has been on display before.

I was impressed cause only a few years ago she was considered an judo throw/armbar only fighter. Now she is beating women on the feet and KO'ing them. But at the samr time i think most women BW suck at striking compared to men or women like Jedjegdhdjk or even Gadelha. I want to See Holm or Cyborg against Ronda. She is thr women GOAT for sure, her grappling is elite and her striking is efective. I'm a fan

Nope, the gullible fans were impressed TS. Still, some people saw the sloppy striking and the fact that Honda hit the fence more than Correia. The UFC hype machine is strong and MMA fans are stupid :cool: If Rogan says "she's some kind of mythical creature" and "the best human being on Earth", they'll believe!

UFC is the new WWE! The "paper champs factory" is running days and nights ;)

Yup.

You're the only one.

There hasn't been an avalanche of threads started by little boys with various self esteem issues calling her a sloppy and unskilled can crusher.

That hasn't happened at all.

You're the only one.

Beat up a smaller pillow fisted girl? Not really.

i dunno how much improvements you really need to make to beat bethe correria. A one punch knockout was better than i expected anyway.

she does leave herself open. Could be a problem in a Tate rematch. Tate's striking looks pretty good, she was dropping Jessica and might end up testing RR's chin

Ive looked into this thread and that thread and they're all filled with the same fluff.

Fan or not, Ronda knocked out a girl who wasnt good. Bethe wasnt a good conversationalist making her interviews awful. That said, it was nice that she got knocked out. However it doesnt change the fact that Ronda knocked out someone who wasnt very good. If she had done that with a tougher opponent, then sure, it would be something. Its not though, but she did her job. Next.

Im not a wmma hater but those punches looked feeble and like they barely connected. I dont have a clue what i just watched. A fix? Dont understand how u can faceplant from a glancing blow, ref jumped in preemptively. He hadnt even had time to see it was a faceplant it was like he was just following the script.

weird

It was the most impressive KO in her divison ever, so i don't know what TS is on about.

Considering how clean that KO was, it could be one of her better finishes.

Clean? She punched her mostly in the neck with an awkward arm punch that looked almost like a push.

another win inside a minute. yeah, i'm not impressed unless it's under ten seconds.

It's hard to be impressed knowing the skill level of the people she's fighting.

Back