Am I the only one that wasn't insanely impressed with Rousey's performance?

DLX

thpinal
@Silver
Reaction score
Before people shit on me for being a R3 hater, I want to start off by saying I'm a fan of her as a fighter and as a person, and I think Bethe deserved to be humbled after the comments she made. That being said, I didn't really see anything new or improved in this fight.

She still showed the same tendencies when it comes to her striking as she has before. She still charges forward with a brawling style, stands in the pocket and trades punch for punch, no head movement, willing to take shots. And yet again, she got by on her superior speed and athleticism. The only thing she showed in this fight is she's got One Punch KO power. But at the end of the day, she fought someone that, stylistically was TAILOR-MADE for her to dominate.

I feel like someone with high level MMA Kickboxing and ring craftsmanship would give her fits.

Are you the only one? I guess you missed all 3000 Ronda hate threads

haven't you read the news, the tweets, listen to rogan and others...

pretty evident that a large group of people were quite insanely impressed.

Can't be. He actually finished posting that.

I really seriously don't get how saying that someone got by on their superior athleticism and has one punch knockout power can be spun into a negative. I agree that she's not a world class striker and I don't think anybody would argue she is. That combo could be enough to stop anybody though. That includes Cyborg.

What more could you ask for? It was a nice KO.

Before people shit on me for being a R3 hater, I want to start off by saying I'm a fan of her as a fighter and as a person, and I think Bethe deserved to be humbled after the comments she made. That being said, I didn't really see anything new or improved in this fight.

She still showed the same tendencies when it comes to her striking as she has before. She still charges forward with a brawling style, stands in the pocket and trades punch for punch, no head movement, willing to take shots. And yet again, she got by on her superior speed and athleticism. The only thing she showed in this fight is she's got One Punch KO power. But at the end of the day, she fought someone that, stylistically was TAILOR-MADE for her to dominate.

I feel like someone with high level MMA Kickboxing and ring craftsmanship would give her fits.

It's all in your frame of reference. If you compare her to Men's MMA that has evolved over 25 years, then she isn't impressive. If you compare her in the group of which she is a part and belongs, she is quite impressive and quite ahead of all others. She has holes, but she is evolving. As well, other women fighters are trying to evolve to beat her. One day someone will, but the best offered so far have only shown that she is evolving faster than they are.

Look at me! I'm not impressed with Rousey! I'm unique! I'm special! I have a special insight of the world that's sooper dooper magical!

No, there are other fools too.

Do these magical girls also have a Judo and BJJ black belt?

So in other words someone who is a black belt in every single discipline would be tough for her to beat? Wow, why did no one ever think about that.

What more could you ask for? It was a nice KO.

It was the most impressive KO in her divison ever, so i don't know what TS is on about.

Considering how clean that KO was, it could be one of her better finishes.

Are you the only one? I guess you missed all 3000 Ronda hate threads

Look at me! I'm not impressed with Rousey! I'm unique! I'm special! I have a special insight of the world that's sooper dooper magical!

these sum up my thoughts nicely. I think TS just wanted to make a thread and be a special cookie.

Ronda beat someone everyone in the world thought she would beat. It was cool, but not mind blowing. the end.

Was I impressed? No, of course not. There was nothing impressive on display.

Was I entertained? Yeah, a bit. Why not. Sloppy brawls ending in KO can be entertaining.

The novelty is wearing thin though.

2 things to say.

First, you're NOT a fan as you claim. You're a hater trying to disguise yourself as a fan. :icon_lol:

Second, it's SMART to bullrush and eat shots where necessary when your opponents lack the size/strength to KO you with a single punch. It's called strategy and risk/reward.

If she was a man then it would be dumb to bullrush cuz they have more KO power.

But the women's divisions don't have that kind of power so WHY the FUCK should women fighters use 'safe' gameplans that pertain to men's power?

Be like water. If women can't knock you out then bullrush them beeyotches.

Winning is all that matters.

Dancing around like Mighty Mouse for 5 rounds isn't better than KO'ing your opponent in one round. Doesn't matter how fucken 'safe' you're being. Winning is winning.

If the Miesha Tate that fought last week fought the Ronday Rousey that fought yesterday, unless Ronda has an iron chin (we've no way of knowing) , we'd have a new champion.

The result was impressive though. It is awesome seeing a champion take such huge risks as well. But if she comes up against a girl that can keep her head straight and throw a straight punch down the pipe. She'll get lit up. I know the the people the have been quick to take away from her achievements have used this argument many times before and seen the same results. Her chin was way out there and she was winging pretty wild. That wont always work. Ask Wanderlei

She demonstrated that she has ko power in her hands. With every fight theres always something new.

I think she's coming along nicely. She needs more head movement but she showed she can still grab an opponent who circles and her power is top notch.

That was probably the most devastating KO in the UFC by a woman.

Back