Am I the only one that thinks Overeem CAN beat JDS?

Am hoping Stipe beat enough brain cells out of JDS for Overeem to win.

50-50 change

Overeem sure has a shot.
On the ground he is better probably
On the feet, hey he still was a K1 champ with lots of experience.

Reem has a change.

I love Overeem, he's my favorite fighter. He can beat JDS, but unfortunately I don't think he will. Sure hope I'm wrong.

Antonio-Bigfoot-Silva-Knocks-Out-Alistair-Overeem.jpg
ab3619a764ac9cca9e0b18fc9572c3dc_vice_670.jpg
ebb3c99c23ad1ee6590077e1c32e5576.jpg
mma_santos_werdum1x_576.jpg
Junior-Dos-Santos-Vs-Gilbert-Yvel_0.jpg
yes your are

Only takes 1 punch

JDS has never been finished with one punch, the Reem on the other hand has because famous lately for folding like a cheap shirt when he feels a solid shot

Like to add that I don't know if this fight is confirmed,
but this is a really good fight I would like to see.

If this is on the Aldo/McGregor card, I won't feel as bad about the co-main having Cain in it. Due to the fact when Cain pulls out injured both these guys have a win over the champ and make an intriguing fight.

Overeem can beat jds. I don't think jds is the same fighter he was just two years ago. With that said, I think it would be foolish to say that it goes one way or another the majority of the time, it's a real 50/50 fight to me.

JDS has never been finished with one punch, the Reem on the other hand has because famous lately for folding like a cheap shirt when he feels a solid shot

One punch to change the tide of the fight.

Anyone who denies that it can't happen at HW is dumb as a box of rocks.

Yes he can win. He's not the favorite though.

jds has an iron jaw and an indomitable will. there is no way reem takes this. JDs will take a shit ton of punishment and then put reem away. Im a huge fan of both of these guys, but reem will fall to jds imo.

I think for sure he can beat JDS. He took some of Nelsons bombs and hung in there. Just has to fight smart like he did against Nelson. JDS is one dimensional just like Roy. Reem should be able to pick him apart standing and grappling.

I don't think Overeem stands a chance, I don't think much of him or his brother.

btw anyone saying reem has a shit chin in the ufc isnt watching the fights. Both the travis browne and the bigfoot fights reem was dominating until he gassed out bad then he was finished. He didnt just go in there and get zulud.

Both fighters are two of my favorites. I think a case could be made for either of them winning. I agree with a lot of things previous posters mentioned. The first thing most people think of is Reem's chin, understandably. Against JDS this would certainly be the biggest factor, as JDS has always had that dynamite one-punch in nearly all his fights I've watched. Also, Reem seems to have fought much smarter since changing camps, while JDS gameplans (or lack of following them) seems to get worse each fight, and his chin seems to finally be on the verge of letting him down. Overeem would be another big test for JDS's magical ability to recover. I would lean toward JDS, but so many things can happen. JDS always fights the same way, circling while backing into the cage always looking for the overhand right. It seems like every fighter that puts their back on the cage vs. Overeem ends up taking a barrage of punches and knees and ends up on the mat or in serious trouble. Very exciting fight where I'm sure there would be lots of fireworks.

No sir.

I've felt this way for sometime now. Overeem will KO JDS and shock a lot of ppl.

I have a feeling. Its one of those fights where the outcome is so obvious (JDS by KO) that the opposite will happen.

Reem kind of goes into a shell when hit with a big shot. You have to assume JDS will land at least one. If JDS loses then he is done as a contender.

Back