Am I the only one that thinks Overeem CAN beat JDS?

dajazza

White Belt
Reaction score
Am I seriously? I actually think Overeem can beat JDS. Yes he might have a glass chin, but he has been fighting more intelligently and has been calling JDS for some time now. That should be more than enough motivation to beat JDS.

I would say you are pretty much alone in your opinion... Even the biggest ubereem fans have to concede that can smashing outside the ufc is not enough to make it in the ufc

I think he can def. beat JDS. I'd think anyone not delusional about JDS consistently showing poor cage awareness and an utter lack of a clinch would acknowledge Reem can win.

Not a fight I'd bet though.

You'll only get opinions from reem fans. There opinions are as good as terms chin

He should. Dude is much better than JDS at everything. He just didn't learn how to take a punch. But after his last fight his chances are better now, he ate some shots that would put a lot of HW fighters out.

Pre-Cain JDS, no chance. Modern JDS after 2 Cain beatdowns and a close win over Stipe, I'm picking Reem.

JDS doesn't seem to have confidence anymore and after every fight he keeps talking about how he just can't stand and box and has to evolve. Then every fight after...he stands and boxes only to repeat the same line that he needs to evolve.

It's just a matter before his chin gives out and he starts getting dropped with shots. Reem may not have the best chin but even at this late in his career, he seems to be improving and trying new things. As long as he fights smart, I think he gives JDS problems and possibly stops him.

On the offensive aspect, I believe him to be the most dangerous fighter of the company.

But yeah, we cannot ignore his recent losses either. Considering his defense problems, he could be in trouble easily as well against a guy like JDS

If he can implement the same plan he did vs Mir, sure. JDS has an actual McDonald's bjj belt.

Junior can absorb a tremendous amount of punishment if he has to. Overeem cant. All it takes is one connection.

You're delusional if you don't think he can. Bad match-up stylistically for Reem. Depends a lot on which version of both show up. JDS has not demonstrated any ground aptitude whatsoever, so Reem could definitely sub him. And honestly could catch him standing too.

Reem can beat any HW on any given day. Unfortunately he is almost just as likely to lose to one. Then again, that makes Reem one of the most entertaining fighters alive today.

Whenever someone says "Am I the only one who thinks X can beat Y?" the answer, without exception, is always No. There were people who thought Buster Douglas was going to beat Mike Tyson before the fight happened. Buster Douglas being one of them.

Back