Am I anti-feminist for not supporting Ronda Rousey

painvelasquez

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I got into a debate with a herd of yentas because I told them I found Ronda's attitude obnoxious and arrogant. From seeing her on TUF to watching her press conferences and interviews, she has always struck me as someone putting on a show to hide deep and profound insecurities. The post fight interview on fight pass with her and her mother talking about how they "could have finished it quicker" was overwhelmingly annoying.

When did she become some figurehead of the feminist movement? Why can't we focus on the chancellor of Germany or the CEO of Pepsi instead of this bipolar Kanye West/Diego Sanchez amalgam?

Am I an asshole for not liking Ronda? Am I anti-feminist to say that I can't wait for the day that a girl shows up that can knock her head of? When did supporting or not supporting a specific fighter become a political statement, instead of being a simple fan of the sport?

I have always respected eloquence and humility in fighters, and she is lacking on both accounts. I can't wait till there is a female Couture or Barnett or Edgar. Till then, I am stuck being labeled a chauvinist pig.

Has anyone else butted heads with this phenomenon?

I think that you're overthinking the whole matter.

Only if you believe all women have unanimously elected Ronda Rousey to stand for them in all things.

I got into a debate with a herd of yentas because I told them I found Ronda's attitude obnoxious and arrogant. From seeing her on TUF to watching her press conferences and interviews, she has always struck me as someone putting on a show to hide deep and profound insecurities.

No shit. That's very obvious and a big part of her appeal.

When did she become some figurehead of the feminist movement? Why can't we focus on the chancellor of Germany or the CEO of Pepsi instead of this bipolar Kanye West/Diego Sanchez amalgam?

She never became the figurehead of any feminist movement that I'm aware of.

Never. Get new friends.

I know a lot of people who like her because she's fucking awesome, but no one that regards feminism as having anything to do with it.

If you dislike her for how she behaves - whether that's reasonable or not - then no, you do not. You just dislike a certain a behavior. It's just an opinion. If you dislike her in any shape or form for being a woman, then yes, that'd be anti-feminist, sexist, mysogistic, whatever you wanna call it. Doesn't seem like it though.

Did she announce her head of the feminist movement during her appearance in the Entourage movie TS?

you sound like a woman.

not just any woman. A woman I know.

and she's a fuckwit.

and you do overthink AND overcare...if that last one is a word.

I'm anti-feminist. I'm pretty much against every group of people who wants special treatment.

That said, she isn't what I would call a feminist. She's just a strong, influential women. I don't think those are the same thing.

Feminism is an absolute joke. They aren't for equality and they certainly don't represent the true definition of the word.

Realistically if they were truly for equality they wouldn't be hailing how great their opponents are. Many men have achieved far more than she has in the octagon, had better streaks with multiple finishes against superior competition and they have had zero push from the UFC.

Ronda UFC push is the same as quota based employment in the workforce. I.E: Taking someone nowhere near as good as a man at her chosen task and giving her the promotions, money etc anyway

I got into a debate with a herd of yentas because I told them I found Ronda's attitude obnoxious and arrogant. From seeing her on TUF to watching her press conferences and interviews, she has always struck me as someone putting on a show to hide deep and profound insecurities. The post fight interview on fight pass with her and her mother talking about how they "could have finished it quicker" was overwhelmingly annoying.

Am I an asshole for not liking Ronda? Am I anti-feminist to say that I can't wait for the day that a girl shows up that can knock her head of? When did supporting or not supporting a specific fighter become a political statement, instead of being a simple fan of the sport?

I have always respected eloquence and humility in fighters, and she is lacking on both accounts. I can't wait till there is a female Couture or Barnett or Edgar. Till then, I am stuck being labeled a chauvinist pig.

I don't think it has anything to do with being anti-feminism. I think you're just overthinking it and getting overly emotional. For example, getting upset over her mom saying she could have finished the fight quicker. Ronda's mom said that because there were points in the fight Ronda could have taken it to the ground and ended the fight but chose not to. She wants Ronda to finish as quickly as possible and Ronda didn't do that so that was a slight criticism/complaint directed at Ronda more than anything else.

You are soooo anti feminist- I can respect that.

I am strongly Pro-feminist, I dated an Obstetrician for 12 years, I dig strong, smart women. But Ronda is a a crazy, whiny, anti-woman Cant. She talks about beating up men, then complains about "women beaters" when the guys she calls out say they would beat her easily.

Wouldn't absolute equality mean not separating the men and the women?

Rousey VS Cruz UFC 200

Feminism is an absolute joke. They aren't for equality and they certainly don't represent the true definition of the word.

Realistically if they were truly for equality they wouldn't be hailing how great their opponents are. Many men have achieved far more than she has in the octagon, had better streaks with multiple finishes against superior competition and they have had zero push from the UFC.

Ronda UFC push is the same as quota based employment in the workforce. I.E: Taking someone nowhere near as good as a man at her chosen task and giving her the promotions, money etc anyway

I am strongly Pro-feminist, I dated an Obstetrician for 12 years, I dig strong, smart women. But Ronda is a a crazy, whiny, anti-woman Cant. She talks about beating up men, then complains about "women beaters" when the guys she calls out say they would beat her easily.

shoulda put a ring on it friend.

I'm anti-feminist. I'm pretty much against every group of people who wants special treatment.

That said, she isn't what I would call a feminist. She's just a strong, influential women. I don't think those are the same thing.

Feminists just want equal treatment for women Chief...

Back