Alvarez and Ferguson only rational replacements

Your reason against Edgar is dumb. If he isn't cutting to 145 then why the hell does he have the belt? Besides, Edgar can fight at 155.
Fight is only a few weeks out and he's been preparing for LW, trying to cut to 145 now would be a bad idea. And like he said, that fight they can really market at 145 after this fight (whether McG wins or not). Plus Frankie wants his title shot. I look forward to that fight, but I don't think it's a likely option for this card.

Cerrone or Diaz are the only logical options. Make the fight at 170

no idea who ferguson is, and i think they need a short notice replacement that can sell

He's an insanely exciting fighter and just had one of the wildest fights of 2015 with Barboza, how have you been missing out on El Cucuy? You need to watch his fight with Barboza right now.

Conor vs. Ferguson would be madness but I still think it'll be Cerrone, he fought Jury and Benson in like a two week span last year and there's a lot of money to be made by fighting Conor.

I hadn't thought much about Ferguson. Is he healthy and ready? I think that might be fun. I'm not a big Ferguson fan, but dude is violent in the cage.

On these big money fights I think the UFC should pay a few replacement fighters like 25k to be ready. That's peanuts comparatively speaking and would ensue a good fight.

I hadn't thought much about Ferguson. Is he healthy and ready? I think that might be fun. I'm not a big Ferguson fan, but dude is violent in the cage.
He has come across very unlikable but I agree, the guy is dangerous.

Alvarez would be a huge step down. Ferguson may be worth it for the entertainment aspect but really Cerrone or Diaz should be the first port of call.

Diaz is just a dream

A heavy smoker isn't passing a drug test 10 days out

Your reason against Edgar is dumb. If he isn't cutting to 145 then why the hell does he have the belt? Besides, Edgar can fight at 155.

Cutting to 145 on 10 days is different making cut a couple months out

And Edgar at 145 is clear matchup for McGregor at UFC 200... Who would UFC match him up with at 200 if he fought Edgar now?

If Alvarez is out injured, sounds like Ferguson might be getting financial offer of a lifetime today

Sure, if it was for a belt. It's not so any top ten guy will do.

Diaz is just a dream

A heavy smoker isn't passing a drug test 10 days out

Has Nate popped before? Can't remember (just wondering because if it's a first offense, why not take a chance for a payday this big?). Either way, there is no time to get results back before the event. He'd only get popped after they've made all their money. If Zuffa agree to help him out if he pops, it would be a lot of fun.

He fought at 170 two days ago and likely rehydrated post-fight which probably puts him at at least 180

Could he make a 25+ pound cut... Probably... but you risk it not working and fight falling through

Plus McGregor haters will pull the Mendes didn't have enough time to cut excuse if Cerrone looks sluggish
Team Cerrone just said he weighs 174 lbs right now.

would love Ferguson in there. Two nasty shit talkers!

Going through options:
Diaz- can't pass drug test on short notice

Pettis- coming off loss

Cerrone- likely can't make 155 and even if he could, he lost to RDA in non-close fashion that would make giving him shot at interim questionable

Edgar- McGregor can't cut to 145 and UFC isn't throwing away the matchup that is sure money following this upcoming fight for McGregor, win or lose

Alvarez- likely #1 contender, makes sense

Ferguson- likely strongest resume after Alvarez

Alvarez has literally zero chance of getting it after that hugging performance against Pettis. Fuck that guy.

You never know what Cowboy will show up to a fight, he chokes under pressure. I think Ferg could take his best shot and keep coming thats why Id want that fight. It'd be fantastic.

Alvarez is literally the lowest on your list. You have to have some issues to think he makes more sense than Tony Ferguson

diaz can pass a drug test. there's things like golden seal etc that can get rid of thc in your system in 24 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back