Alvarez and Ferguson only rational replacements

You never know what Cowboy will show up to a fight, he chokes under pressure. I think Ferg could take his best shot and keep coming thats why Id want that fight. It'd be fantastic.

i agree with you. which is why cowboy IS an option. a conor win is best for ufc/business. there is NO WAY tony ferguson gets this fight. zero chance... plus ferguson is the least marketable fight to make. it'll be cowboy or nate.

Ferguson is the best doable fight. Make it for the interim belt. Then make Eddie/Khabib and RDA/Mcgregor or Ferguson all at UFC 200.

Man, if only Pettis had beaten Alvarez...

i agree with you. which is why cowboy IS an option. a conor win is best for ufc/business. there is NO WAY tony ferguson gets this fight. zero chance... plus ferguson is the least marketable fight to make. it'll be cowboy or nate.
Can Cowboy even fight? Aren't you usually medically suspended for a few weeks?

Going through options:
Diaz- can't pass drug test on short notice

Pettis- coming off loss

Cerrone- likely can't make 155 and even if he could, he lost to RDA in non-close fashion that would make giving him shot at interim questionable

Edgar- McGregor can't cut to 145 and UFC isn't throwing away the matchup that is sure money following this upcoming fight for McGregor, win or lose

Alvarez- likely #1 contender, makes sense

Ferguson- likely strongest resume after Alvarez

Ferguson is too dangerous.

Alvarez is too boring.

Paging Dr Cerrone....

Again, even assuming he can make weight, Cerrone just got smoked by RDA...

McGregor will want a 155 interim title and hard to give a shot to someone whose last fight at the weight class was a loss

Back