Almost got pounded out in BJJ class

shironinja

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Am I doing it rite?!!

An amateur fighter rolled with us last class and I got the feeling he was getting a little frustrated with my guard.

Guy punches me in the neck and chin five or six times. LOL! I tried to stay calm and just rolled with it but mouth is cut up inside today. After we rolled I was exhausted from the adrenaline dump.

Anyone else ever get "surprised" like this?!

Sometimes i have agreed with people to allow light punching but wearing mma gloves.

This guy was bigger, stronger, plus way more experience as he is a 4 stripe

I would have told him that he is in a bjj class and not in a mma class

I would have told him that he is in a bjj class and not in a mma class

I know right? I let it go because he has a higher rank than me and was a friend of instructor who I do respect.... But I realize I'm still pissed that someone would punch me when we were gi grappling so thought posting about the experience here would help me to let it go

It's unlikely that this guy will be back in town anytime soon for more rolls.

I always wear a mouthguard. Still managed to cut me up inside of bottom lip though as I don't wear a full one - I wear it just in case of accidental knees, etc.

Because I am a white belt people tend to take my guard work for granted but I have done jits three or four years off and on - it's one of the better parts of my game. This guy just got mad. I think there is probably a lot of pressure to be almost purple and rolling with a new group!

I don't care for all that. I just wrestle because it is fun.

Any stripes I've been given I dutifully let fall off in the washing machine. LOL

lloll 4 stripe blue hitting your face when in ur guard?
i find that hard to believe..

I always wear a mouthguard. Still managed to cut me up inside of bottom lip though as I don't wear a full one - I wear it just in case of accidental knees, etc.

Because I am a white belt people tend to take my guard work for granted but I have done jits three or four years off and on - it's one of the better parts of my game. This guy just got mad. I think there is probably a lot of pressure to be almost purple and rolling with a new group!

I don't care for all that. I just wrestle because it is fun.

Any stripes I've been given I dutifully let fall off in the washing machine. LOL

You have to let your instructor know what happened so that doesn

I've heard of new guys doing that thinking they were UFC training, but something is wrong if a blue is hitting you in a Gi.

I know!! Haha! People have to stop giving mma fighters belts for fighting. They should work on guard passing instead.

There were a couple good scrambles that I recovered guard on.. But he also tried can opener three times before trying a few punches.

If I demonstrate that I know how to deal with a can opener the first time why would second or third try be any more effective?!!

I would not care about it.

Old school JJ, couple of slaps to make sure that you aware that you are open for strikes = no big deal.

Back in the days, guys that fought MMA represent the team and the school.

You are just the punching bag...nothing personal!

Old school JJ, couple of slaps to make sure that you aware that you are open for strikes = no big deal.

I agree. No lasting harm done - I feel much better about it after posting on Sherdog... and if I happen to roll that guy again some time I will commit to arm bar a lot more frequently if his hands are hanging around extended by my face.

I agree. No lasting harm done - I feel much better about it after posting on Sherdog... and if I happen to roll that guy again some time I will commit to arm bar a lot more frequently if his hands are hanging around extended by my face.

Next time sweep him, stand up and kick/stomp on his head and say "PRIDE rules"

a guy punches me in the face multiple times during a bjj roll he better run, regardless of his belt.

man, i'm all for it. but if both of us know it in advance.

i love mixing strikes in, it changes the game completely.

but if i'm rolling with someone in a bjj class where noone even mentioned any striking and right in the middle of the roll he starts hitting me in the face and neck as the guy described, he's just being an unbelievable prick and should have his arms broken.

was he wearing gloves?

If anyone did that to me they are getting an anderson silva elbow to the dome.

You should have opened your guard and upkicked him. That was a bitch move by him. Just because you are getting frustrated doesn't make it ok to go punching your rolling PARTNER. You are there to help each other get better it's not a fight.

Back