Opinion Almost 23 years later, how do you assess Bill Clinton?

Divorce is always a better option than cheating. I would never cheat on my wife. If you get at that point, don't be a pussy, don't make excuses and divorce. Cheating is an act of betrayal I loathe.

Maybe you don't want or need a divorce? It's not like they aren't lawyers and couldn't have done that if they wanted.

He's expendable now.

He signed the paper making Scientology a Religion, didn't immediately kick the FBI straight in the fucking nuts after the Waco disaster, and ordered the raid on a house to kidnap a child and send them back to a fucking brutal dictatorship. And now we find out he was likely shallow cavern exploring girls on an Island.

I'll be glad to piss on his grave when he croaks.

on a side note, did yall forget that clinton is responsible to the 2008 housing crash? Bush wasnt the only guy pushing for lowering mortgage standards through the floor, Clinton also did as well, and engineered balloon payments with his national homeownership strategy.

By modern Democrat logic, he's responsible for everything bad that happened during Bush's presidency since apparently you can just blame the guy before you for all of it.

Liked him tbh. Built a surplus and economy was good.

Trash Neo-Lib who furthered corporatism.

Yup. Made student loans non-dischargeable in bankruptcy which directly contributed to the massive increase in college education costs in the past 25 years. Also repealed Glass-Steagall which directly led to the 2008 financial wreck. Add in all the policies which encouraged outsourcing & moving well-paying jobs overseas and replacing them with shitty service sector jobs and yeah, Clinton was big business's best friend.

Life was good for the most part during his tenure, but he put a bunch of policies in place which have been very damaging to America over the past 20-25 years.

Yup. Made student loans non-dischargeable in bankruptcy which directly contributed to the massive increase in college education costs in the past 25 years. Also repealed Glass-Steagall which directly led to the 2008 financial wreck. Add in all the policies which encouraged outsourcing & moving well-paying jobs overseas and replacing them with shitty service sector jobs and yeah, Clinton was big business's best friend.

Life was good for the most part during his tenure, but he put a bunch of policies in place which have been very damaging to America over the past 20-25 years.

F*ckin corporatists man.

I don't think you can actually make a logical connection between anything Clinton did and the GFC. And blaming him for tuition costs rising is also crazy IMO.

I thought he should have been removed from office for perjury and obstruction.

His legacy will be turning the US into a one party state where both parties believed in neoliberalism. Not that things were sunshine and rainbows before but he was the executioner of whatever democracy the US had. It's part of why I find the "we need to save our democracy" folks to be so god damm offensive.

on a side note, did yall forget that clinton is responsible to the 2008 housing crash? Bush wasnt the only guy pushing for lowering mortgage standards through the floor, Clinton also did as well, and engineered balloon payments with his national homeownership strategy.
Yup, Clinton repealed Glass-Steagall and fucked everything up.

Great guy to have over to discuss politics and life over a shared cigar.

Back