Alliance MMA goes Public; Has acquired Cage Fury FC, Hoosier FC, V3, Shogun Fights, CC

Nathanli

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Alliance MMA Inc. is hoping to create the next UFC, Bellator or WSOF champion.

The New York-based MMA company is developing an MMA league to become a feeder organization for higher-level MMA promotions.

The company was formed in 2015 with the goal of acquiring local and regional MMA promotions. Since their formation, Alliance MMA has acquired five MMA organizations, including Cage Fury Fighting Championship, Combat Games MMA, Hoosier Fight Club, V3 Fights, and Shogun Fights.

These promotions operate in various states across the U.S., and while they may be unknown to casual fans, they have helped launch the careers of notable MMA fighters such as Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson, Aljamain Sterling, Paul Felder, George Sullivan, Jimmie Rivera,Jim Hettes and more.

Additionally, the group announced Thursday that it has completed its initial public offering (IPO), which is the first sale of their stocks to the public. Alliance MMA now trades on the NASDAQ Capital Market, under the stock symbol of 'AMMA.'

Alliance MMA is now the only current MMA promotion that is publicly traded, allowing public investment.

"By joining the Alliance, smaller promotions become partners in a much larger organization that intends to enhance collective market share and profitability of the businesses through increased ticket sales, incremental events, centralization of certain common business functions, and the application of best business practices across the enterprise," Robert Haydak, president of Alliance MMA, stated in a press release.

Alliance MMA also recently acquired digital media platform, GoFlightLive!, and an electronic ticking platform, CageTix.

Some people were doubting this company because they immediately became a publicly traded company, but these are some pretty solid regional promotions and them picking up GoFightLive and CageTix is an interesting move as well. A lot of really good fighters fight for these promotions. I wonder what their next move is.

That's cool. If they start showing their events on TV I'll start paying attention.

Pro Elite bought up a bunch of promotions. They were a miserable failure.

Is this the same Alliance as the mma gym with Cruz?

A feeder league or saving the UFC some time by getting these promotions under one roof only to flip ownership for more Fight Pass material and transfer some slave contracts.

Pro Elite bought up a bunch of promotions. They were a miserable failure.

You guys are so pessimistic. The difference between this and Elite XC is Elite XC folded all the promotions they bought. All these are staying open with their previous owners (with the exception of CFFC who just announced a new GM).

I don't believe there is any association with the gym.

Alliance MMA, Inc. Key Developments
Alliance MMA Reports Earnings Results for the Six Months Ended June 30, 2016
Sep 2 16
Alliance MMA reported earnings results for the six months ended June 30, 2016. For the six months, the company reported net loss of $223,941 compared to $131,976 a year ago.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapid=367049335

Perhaps they took a loss because they just bought ownership of 5 promotions and the largest internet PPV company for MMA. Most of the people in this company have been in the MMA industry for a long time.

I thought with the (apparent) demise of Titan and the rise of the LFA we had a clear #4 in North America but I guess not.

You guys are so pessimistic. The difference between this and Elite XC is Elite XC folded all the promotions they bought. All these are staying open with their previous owners (with the exception of CFFC who just announced a new GM).

Perhaps they took a loss because they just bought ownership of 5 promotions and the largest internet PPV company for MMA. Most of the people in this company have been in the MMA industry for a long time.

This guys has it right...

Doesn't really get me to excited to be honest. I like they're trying a new approach. Though you get too many thing going on in too many places it becomes hard to over see it all. It's been pretty well known most of these regional show more or less hang on by a thread from show to show. Pretty risky investment in my eyes if your buying their stock.

Buy a share be a owner (part owner) a dream come true!!

Not sure how they will make money, unless buying GoFightLive.com improves but stiff competition with WSOF-GC.com and UFC Fight-pass.com.

Sharing fighters finding fighters to match and when fighters out get replacements in will help all these promotions.

Hope they have more up their sleeves than this so far not inspired to buy shares in this venture.

The original plan was to keep all the shit running then the motherfuckers went under and killed everything. Optimism isn't warranted here.

Seems like a typical half-scam unless the board has put in serious money themselves.

Go public - give your self a nice salary since no owners will come to the annuals - GTFO when the business folds.

Why would anyone buy productions noone heard of and that most likely makes no money? Are there any synergy effects or possibilities to cut costs by owning several small promotions? Barely any I would say. Sure you get a cheaper ticketing deal, web solutions etc. but why not just start from scratch?

Meanwhile, GC keeps growing it's affiliate program.... quietly.... 2017, WOO!!!
14670878_705647109594635_4996447046172820421_n.jpg

It has disaster written all over it.

They are a publicly traded company picking up regional assets and small MMA outlets. Unless they have an F ton of capital coming in from their stock being traded, I really see these MMA brands becoming under utilized and devaluing quickly.

Not to mention, there is always the outside chance that the majority stock holder(s) will either try to compete with UFC properties too soon or won't know MMA enough to guide the company to an advantageous position.

Some people were doubting this company because they immediately became a publicly traded company, but these are some pretty solid regional promotions and them picking up GoFightLive and CageTix is an interesting move as well. A lot of really good fighters fight for these promotions. I wonder what their next move is.

There is no relationship to the Alliance Gym in Cali as far as I can tell. Alliance MMA has several impressive board members including Renzo Gracie and Burt Watson and several hedge fund guys. Interesting and smart that they are not competing with UFC/Bellator/WSOF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back