• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Title Boxing/MMA Questions 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I ended up going with Twins. I figured If I went with the title the twins fan boy in me would make me buy the twins cup down the road anyway.

Thanks anyway.

I have a twins and a boon. The metal fabrication is slightly different, maybe it was a different batch or maybe it is from a different location.

Boon: smooth on inside, painted outside that chips very easily and becomes sharp enough to snag on your clothing.

Twins: small quarter size rough patch on the inside, name of the company is molded in the back on the top, and the outside is covered in leather (no point).

Not in particular, have big hands and looking to find a set of gloves that will fit comfortably. Thinking of trying out a pair of 14oz, this go around. Thoughts? Thanks again for the response.

I would go with one of these three. All have plently of hand space, and will last you a long time:

http://www.titlemma.com/p_RB20+12+BK.aspx Rival Elite Bag Gloves

http://www.titlemma.com/p_FSBGTT+12+BK/WH.aspx Fighting Sports TriTech Bag Gloves

http://www.titlemma.com/p_PPBG+10+BK/SV.aspx Title Platinum Paramount Bag Gloves

some reviews on this site of the RB20 have suggested that the lining inside rips very early on

Hi Wes, I was gonna get a headgear from the titlestore and I liked the look of this headgear: http://store.titleboxing.com/rival-traditional-training-headgear.html

Do you have any experience with this headgear? From the reviews I've read this seems to be a very decent headgear for this price.

Another question, I plan on getting it shipped to Europe and I'm worried about getting the right size. I have made a couple of efforts to get my head circumference measured and looking at this size chart I found: http://www.rivalboxing.com/en/boxing-equipment/headgears/p17531538.html

My head seems to be around 58 - 58,5 cm in circumference (depending on who is measuring it, even went to a gentlemans store to get a guy there to measure it and he measured it as 57 cm but when I put a hat on that had that size I had to force it down and it wouldnt go down the whole way :S) and since that is kind of on the edge of medium and large i was thinking in your opinion which one was better to get?

Sorry for the wall of text :)

Hi Wes, I was gonna get a headgear from the titlestore and I liked the look of this headgear: http://store.titleboxing.com/rival-traditional-training-headgear.html

Do you have any experience with this headgear? From the reviews I've read this seems to be a very decent headgear for this price.

Another question, I plan on getting it shipped to Europe and I'm worried about getting the right size. I have made a couple of efforts to get my head circumference measured and looking at this size chart I found: http://www.rivalboxing.com/en/boxing-equipment/headgears/p17531538.html

My head seems to be around 58 - 58,5 cm in circumference (depending on who is measuring it, even went to a gentlemans store to get a guy there to measure it and he measured it as 57 cm but when I put a hat on that had that size I had to force it down and it wouldnt go down the whole way :S) and since that is kind of on the edge of medium and large i was thinking in your opinion which one was better to get?

Sorry for the wall of text :)

Funny, this is actually the headgear that I use. I love it. Its got decent padding, but its very low profile. Not bulky at all. The suede keeps it from moving around.

For your head size, I'd go large. My head is right about the same size.

Thanks for the information and advice Wes, i'm gonna pull the trigger and buy the headgear from Title in large!

Btw. does anyone have a working promo code? Code: THANKS doesnt work for me :S

Last edited:
Thanks for the information and advice Wes, i'm gonna pull the trigger and buy the headgear from Title in large!

Btw. does anyone have a working promo code? Code: THANKS doesnt work for me :S

No, Im not aware of any current promotions. The THANKS promo was likely removed from the site because many people were taking advantage of the code. It was only supposed to be one use per customer, and then we had people use it 10-15 times.

No additional info needed. I got it processed. Thanks!

Just a follow-up. I got the bag and I just wanted to thank you again :cool: It's perfect for my needs.

I can fit 3 pairs of sparring/bag gloves + mma gloves + shin guards + towel + change of clothes and plenty of space for stuff like mouth guards, keys, phone, cup, knee braces, etc... Really nice bag and a great deal. Appreciate it.

Just a follow-up. I got the bag and I just wanted to thank you again :cool: It's perfect for my needs.

I can fit 3 pairs of sparring/bag gloves + mma gloves + shin guards + towel + change of clothes and plenty of space for stuff like mouth guards, keys, phone, cup, knee braces, etc... Really nice bag and a great deal. Appreciate it.

Glad I could help man!

Hey Wes,

I am looking for a 16 oz boxing glove to train with as I am an amateur boxer in Canada. I want the best bang for my buck. What is the best glove you have (cost efficient)? I train about 4 times a week and I will be using the gloves for sparring and pad work. Also I have a bad knuckle on my right hand so I am looking for good knuckle protection.

Thanks

Hey Wes,

I am looking for a 16 oz boxing glove to train with as I am an amateur boxer in Canada. I want the best bang for my buck. What is the best glove you have (cost efficient)? I train about 4 times a week and I will be using the gloves for sparring and pad work. Also I have a bad knuckle on my right hand so I am looking for good knuckle protection.

Thanks

Can you tell me what your price ceiling is including shipping?

Hey Wes, any info on the Adidas super pro training headgear. It looks pretty slick. Whats your opinion on Adidas boxing gear?
Im actually a big fan of this headgear. It's good quality, fits well, and its actually REALLY absorbant as far as damage does. I wish I could explain what I mean by that, but basically the headgear is just made with extremely protective foam. You barely feel the punch.

Hi Wes,
How's the visibility out of the Adidas Super Pro? How does it compare to the Rival d3O headgear, which I see you've recommended? I'm a beginner in boxing with less than a year of training and about to start sparring, so if there's one headgear you'd recommend that offers maximum protection, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hi Wes,
How's the visibility out of the Adidas Super Pro? How does it compare to the Rival d3O headgear, which I see you've recommended? I'm a beginner in boxing with less than a year of training and about to start sparring, so if there's one headgear you'd recommend that offers maximum protection, I'd appreciate it.

Gotta go with d3o for maximum protection. The Adidas is great, but the Rival stands alone. Haybusa Tokushu is good as well, but im not a huge fan of chin protection type headgears. Another reason I favor the Rival over the adidas one.

Gotta go with d3o for maximum protection. The Adidas is great, but the Rival stands alone. Haybusa Tokushu is good as well, but im not a huge fan of chin protection type headgears. Another reason I favor the Rival over the adidas one.

Wes, I appreciate your input. I have some more questions about the d3o, though. Looking at the pictures, is it just me or does the d3o not offer much in the way of nose/face protection (but is really good at protecting only those areas of the head it does cover)? Thanks again.

Wes, I appreciate your input. I have some more questions about the d3o, though. Looking at the pictures, is it just me or does the d3o not offer much in the way of nose/face protection (but is really good at protecting only those areas of the head it does cover)? Thanks again.

Nose protection comes from the thickness of the cheek guards. They are fairly thick and do offer adequate protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back