All Time Rankings - with numbers and formulas

I have a question. Forgive me if I missed it.

What exactly does "other fighter stats" contain? I mean, other than rankings, do you quantify weight difference in fights or other "tale of the tape" disparities?

Do finishes count the same as decisions? Shouldn't a finish give a higher score for a given win? Also, should first round victories score more? Or should time be factored in at all? What about rounds lost/won?

I think these stats are worth taking into consideration, but I can definitely understand if they wont be.

What exactly does "other fighter stats" contain?
It is explained on the second page, but I can repeat that in the next post.

Other than rankings, do you quantify weight difference in fights or other "tale of the tape" disparities?
Yes, there is a flag on a fight that describes how big the size difference was. That was mostly used in the early years. Recent example is Anderson-Diaz. You have ex MW champion vs. WW . It is a small -1 / +1 flag. For drastic cases it can be +/- 3.

Do finishes count the same as decisions?
Typically yes. But you can have a dominant decision and that can count more.

Also, should first round victories score more? Or should time be factored in at all? What about rounds lost/won?
Not directly, but there are fight based flags (like dominant or exciting finish) that are emulating what you are requesting.

What exactly does "other fighter stats" contain?
It is explained on the second page, but I can repeat that in the next post.

Other than rankings, do you quantify weight difference in fights or other "tale of the tape" disparities?
Yes, there is a flag on a fight that describes how big the size difference was. That was mostly used in the early years. Recent example is Anderson-Diaz. You have ex MW champion vs. WW . It is a small -1 / +1 flag. For drastic cases it can be +/- 3.

Do finishes count the same as decisions?
Typically yes. But you can have a dominant decision and that can count more.

Also, should first round victories score more? Or should time be factored in at all? What about rounds lost/won?
Not directly, but there are fight based flags (like dominant or exciting finish) that are emulating what you are requesting.

Very, very interesting. I'm impressed. Are you still tinkering with the values? What exactly do you think needs changing, if anything?

I really like that dominant victories/fights count as well. All these things are hard to quantify though, like rankings(both historical and contemporary), size, method of victory, weightclass, ko's, subs, minutes/rounds won, losses and so on. It must be hard deciding how much value should be put into each category. But seems like you are doing a good job!

Looking for the Positive Drug Test Variable

Or the variable where a dude who fought at LHW barely beat a guy who has fought at 155

Very, very interesting. I'm impressed. Are you still tinkering with the values? What exactly do you think needs changing, if anything?

I really like that dominant victories/fights count as well. All these things are hard to quantify though, like rankings(both historical and contemporary), size, method of victory, weightclass, ko's, subs, minutes/rounds won, losses and so on. It must be hard deciding how much value should be put into each category. But seems like you are doing a good job!

The formula for AllTimeTotal is now stable.
That means we have no intention of changing it in the near future.

We are open to make changes if
a. Somebody demonstrate us that some part is clearly wrong. It might be due to bad logic or bad coding.
b. Multiple people request some measures to be included. But that measure needs to be quantifiable and reasonable.

There is no perfect system, but we think our is best right now.
If you try to achieve perfection, you will never finish and never be happy with your product.

The formula for AllTimeTotal is now stable.
That means we have no intention of changing it in the near future.

We are open to make changes if
a. Somebody demonstrate us that some part is clearly wrong. It might be due to bad logic or bad coding.
b. Multiple people request some measures to be included. But that measure needs to be quantifiable and reasonable.

There is no perfect system, but we think our is best right now.
If you try to achieve perfection, you will never finish and never be happy with your product.

Sounds reasonable. A lot of effort went into those codes and statistics, I'm sure. Again, keep up the good work and it's much appreciated.

Nice work looks good. I bet you get a lot of haters and complainers who can't accept the order that the unbiased facts and stats rank people at.

Interesting, thanks for putting that together. I'm surprised Jon is so low, and that Bas is even on the list.

Back