• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Time GOAT poll

You just contradicted yourself in your own post...
You act like the testing is foolproof and perfect.
No he didn't and no he didn't.

It's REALLY not hard to understand what he said so let's try again:

You can EASILY and DEFINITIVELY label someone a drug cheat when they FAIL A DRUG TEST.

You can't if they don't.

Can they still be? Yes. But the label is conjecture and unproven.

Get it?

They're all on steroids. He's the best I've ever seen and I've been around longer than almost all of you.
Relax, Stone Golem

Honest question to Jones fans. I am done arguing with you guys and if in the face of all the evidence , if you still support your boy so be it .

Not a Jones fan here. I just know that everyone has juiced at some point and I don't give a shit. All the whiney little babies running around here acting smug make me sick. As if you wouldn't do it too, when faced with an opponent who does it and gets away with it. So let me spell it right out for you:

The doping industry and the testing industry play a game of cat-and-mouse with new drugs and new ways to administer them and hide them. It takes a while for the testing side to catch up to the clever unscrupulous doctors. The people you think are dirty cheats are simply the ones that got caught due to having a spotlight on them. Do you think the fighter ranked #15 has to hide under the octagon? No, because he's not being tested often. Because that costs a LOT of money, and no one cares until they start dominating out of nowhere. My point is that the guys you think are pure and clean are simply guys who didn't get caught yet. Which means you support cheaters without knowing it, while throwing a tantrum only when someone gets caught. So that means it's all out the window, you might as well just let people fight.

I mean, fuck- you act like taking roids gives you better fight IQ, wrestling, boxing, etc. All it does is make hard training (you still have to train hard, you can't just eat donuts) give slightly faster results. Grow a pair and be a man. Quit being a whiney teacher's pet. All of you. Yes, you.

Not a Jones fan here.
slow-jerk.gif

The presumption by TS here is that its uncommon to be "cheating" amongst the upper echelons of the sport.
That's just simply not true in this sport, nor any other.
Question marks on Silva. Question marks on GSP. Question marks on basically anyone else of note, if you look deep enough.

This is discounting the fact that a lot of these guys are cutting 50% of their bodyweight to wail on smaller guys to begin with.

It is what it is TS.
MMA isn't a clean sport, no sport is when large amounts of money are changing hands.

(JBJ is still CLEARLY the GOAT, sorry).

Well being that the level he pissed dirty would be considered not dirty now, I am really not bothered by it to much..

Jones haters are always so stupid and desperate to discredit him.

Nobody has a resume like Jon and nobody comes close. He’s undefeated and came back way past his prime to win the HW title against a guy you all said he’d crush.

Suck it Jones haters. I think he’s a POS too but he’s the best fighter ever.

on the fence about it. i do think him cheating put him at an unfair advantage because nobody he fought ever tested positive when they fought him. on the other hand, i know professional sports and i would not be shocked if his opponents were on something too. the other part that can't be denied is, we all saw him beat the fuck out of the vast majority of his opponents. even DC counts his KO loss to Jon as a loss and not a NC.

but the logical and simple answer to your question is: he can be the GOAT to anyone because it is a made up unofficial title that has no standards or rules that must be followed and there is no widely accepted system that can be referred to when arguing who is a "GOAT". nearly everything about this title is heavily opinionated and of personal preference.

the GOAT for me is Fedor Emelianenko, and i do not care what anyone has to say because their opinions on the matter mean nothing to me.
No offense but there is a flaw in logic here, not just for you but for everybody who has this line of thinking. It doesn't make sense to point out how he's cheating and then to go on and say "HOWEVER" he knocked other fighters out. The performance inside the octagon is directly tied to the preparation. Through PED he's able to get more practice and training while not putting his body under as much stress as his opponents. That's a clear case of an unfair advantage. So for what it's worth, if he pisses hot, his performance inside the octagon has to be linked to the drugs he was using.

No offense but there is a flaw in logic here, not just for you but for everybody who has this line of thinking. It doesn't make sense to point out how he's cheating and then to go on and say "HOWEVER" he knocked other fighters out. The performance inside the octagon is directly tied to the preparation. Through PED he's able to get more practice and training while not putting his body under as much stress as his opponents. That's a clear case of an unfair advantage. So for what it's worth, if he pisses hot, his performance inside the octagon has to be linked to the drugs he was using.

but he didn't piss hot for every fight he had. the other thing is, there's been plenty of guys who were on steroids and still lost. there's no question Jon Jones is a special fighter whether you believe he's been cheating his whole career or not, having his dominance and longevity is an outlier even amongst other PED users.

Mental gymnastics is watching the guy’s career and then pretending that PEDs made him that way
Mental gymnastics is watching him constantly breaking the rules and fighting dirty, getting busted for PEDs repeatedly, and saying "he's a the best fighter and definitely not a cheater"

Because there's a mountain of evidence that he is, from his eye pokes to his PED busts. Ignoring that is the definition of mental gymnastics.

Keep going, my guy. You're bound to win the gold medal in mental gymnastics here

Not a Jones fan here. I just know that everyone has juiced at some point and I don't give a shit. All the whiney little babies running around here acting smug make me sick. As if you wouldn't do it too, when faced with an opponent who does it and gets away with it. So let me spell it right out for you:

The doping industry and the testing industry play a game of cat-and-mouse with new drugs and new ways to administer them and hide them. It takes a while for the testing side to catch up to the clever unscrupulous doctors. The people you think are dirty cheats are simply the ones that got caught due to having a spotlight on them. Do you think the fighter ranked #15 has to hide under the octagon? No, because he's not being tested often. Because that costs a LOT of money, and no one cares until they start dominating out of nowhere. My point is that the guys you think are pure and clean are simply guys who didn't get caught yet. Which means you support cheaters without knowing it, while throwing a tantrum only when someone gets caught. So that means it's all out the window, you might as well just let people fight.

I mean, fuck- you act like taking roids gives you better fight IQ, wrestling, boxing, etc. All it does is make hard training (you still have to train hard, you can't just eat donuts) give slightly faster results. Grow a pair and be a man. Quit being a whiney teacher's pet. All of you. Yes, you.
So GSP , Khabib and the Diaz brothers also juiced ?

This is how delusional Sherdog is... no one cares about this forum but some members here think they are special.

There are literally videos with millions of views on Youtube saying that Jon Jones is the GOAT, but a thread that will probably make hundred of views at best here is supposed to be more relevant.

This is an old video, Jon Jones wasn't even the HW champ, yet still already considered as the GOAT.

Everyone thinks Jon Jones is the GOAT outside of some salty delusional members here.

{<jordan}

Back