Tech All things Unreal Engine 5

They should remake Skyrim with this engine
Don't give Bethesda any ideas.

giphy.gif

Dude, @Smokes is always on top of this shit. I just saw this on social media. It’s unreal!! Literally, I read they used unreal engine to build it.

we need a freakin powerful cpu then
looks so real

People are gunna start getting ptsd from this shit soon.

Killing people in videogames is about to become really uncomfortable. Super realistic racing and sports games would be super cool, but I'm not sure if I want this.

One of the main minds/investors behind it is actually my favorite french rapper.

He's been into gaming very seriously pretty much his whole life and went dark from the music scene for about 3 years then randomly announced this. Always liked his art direction for a lot of stuff. He did a video for his old group that is one of my favorites to watch. Curious to see where this goes.

Wow thats awesome. I wish I was younger, cant wait to see what becomes of this stuff

Anyone who has read Lt Dave Grossman's book 'On Killing' will know exactly what is going to happen here.

One thing I can say about UE5 project Unrecorded is that dubbing a subgenre 'bodycam FPS' has baked-in badassery.

It will take simulations to the next level. I wonder what Lockheed Martin’s simulations will look like now.

US Army has been using combat simulators since 2004'sh. Its why the DoD and US Army took full control over the Americas Army game IP.

US Army has been using combat simulators since 2004'sh. Its why the DoD and US Army took full control over the Americas Army game IP.

Fun fact. My program bought a motion capture system for testing (human experimentation basically). I personally selected the system and was the main programmer/engineer on it. I switched to another program later on and a few years afterwards the system was transferred to one of our programming departments who used it to model and simulate stuff for America's Army game.

I was surprised to hear that Lockheed Martin has been quietly picking up software engineers who specialize in AI/ML, simulation, augmented reality / virtual reality, and those that have experience with unreal engine.

This is an amazing video about using the Unreal Engine in architecture to realize an architects 50 year old vision on a Montreal Worlds Fair project that was never completed to achieve his vision at least in a virtual sense. Fun fact how much the cost of construction has changed in the 60's the project would have cost 45 million in todays dollars almost a 1/2 a billion dollars. You can download the executable they provide the link to walk through it virtually.

Last edited:
Back