"All on steroids" Carbon Isotope Ratio Test

I say "fuck em" as they shouldn't need to be told not to cheat in a "sport" where you can ruin a person's life. I know you don't want MMA to suffer but I think that if 85% of UFC fighters are cheating then catch em, suspend em, and let's bring in a generation of fighters that are far less likely to cheat. It's not like USADA is new anymore, fighters know they run the risk of getting caught each and every time they cheat anyway.
Hey, welcome back mate!

how would UFC protect their favorites if they went to legit testing?

Hey, welcome back mate!

mifWFsO.jpg

Nate Diaz could have been on the mark here. If USADA and UFC wanted to catch cheaters, vs. looking like they want to catch cheaters, they would start using the carbon isotope ratio test. This almost guarantees that everyone using testosterone will be caught. There is no known way to get around this test. It is so good that the US chose not to adopt it for its Olympic athletes because "other countries weren't doing it", giving the floor to the assumption that all their guys would be booked, making other countries look cleaner. There are ways around even Olympic random testing, what makes anyone think UFC's anti-doping crew are infallible?

You can't get guys who's training ritual is to "train all day" and not burn out. Steroids aren't used for the muscle mass, it's for the recovery, so that fighters can actually train all day and still have the energy and hormones to be an extravagant persona for the media. If the UFC adopted this test, it would be worse than Bellator Backyard Fighting. Everyone would drop like flies and you would be left with the skinny fat guys like the Diaz bros who can't keep a significant amount of muscle mass on due to the drop in testosterone and increase in cortisol that comes with training 5+ hours a day. You would get Overeem and Bigfoot level chins everywhere, and post-TRT Belfort-like performances.

Fact of the matter is Nate is right. He was speechless after Conor accused his team of steroids, because he knows first hand how prominent PEDs are and hates it nonetheless, just didn't want to talk smack about his camp.

tldr: If you told Dana White you had a testosterone use test that would catch everyone who's juiced in the past year(at least), and that you would be left with guys with the physique and lethargy of the Diaz bros what would he say?
My 4yo does skinny fat for me. I laugh my ASS off every time.

Ts suggests usada use isotope ratio testing

Explained to ts about five posts in that they do

Thread continues nonetheless

Sherdog

BUMP !!

USADA needs to use these !!
Oh for fuck sakes. They do. They've cited its use in multiple sanctions. It was mentioned that they do in this thread, a year and a half ago. Thanks though I guess, your idiocy got me 4 more likes.

Nate Diaz could have been on the mark here. If USADA and UFC wanted to catch cheaters, vs. looking like they want to catch cheaters, they would start using the carbon isotope ratio test. This almost guarantees that everyone using testosterone will be caught. There is no known way to get around this test. It is so good that the US chose not to adopt it for its Olympic athletes because "other countries weren't doing it", giving the floor to the assumption that all their guys would be booked, making other countries look cleaner. There are ways around even Olympic random testing, what makes anyone think UFC's anti-doping crew are infallible?

You can't get guys who's training ritual is to "train all day" and not burn out. Steroids aren't used for the muscle mass, it's for the recovery, so that fighters can actually train all day and still have the energy and hormones to be an extravagant persona for the media. If the UFC adopted this test, it would be worse than Bellator Backyard Fighting. Everyone would drop like flies and you would be left with the skinny fat guys like the Diaz bros who can't keep a significant amount of muscle mass on due to the drop in testosterone and increase in cortisol that comes with training 5+ hours a day. You would get Overeem and Bigfoot level chins everywhere, and post-TRT Belfort-like performances.

Fact of the matter is Nate is right. He was speechless after Conor accused his team of steroids, because he knows first hand how prominent PEDs are and hates it nonetheless, just didn't want to talk smack about his camp.

tldr: If you told Dana White you had a testosterone use test that would catch everyone who's juiced in the past year(at least), and that you would be left with guys with the physique and lethargy of the Diaz bros what would he say?

Are you saying fights would be less entertaining if the fighters were all Diaz Bros...?

Oh for fuck sakes. They do. They've cited its use in multiple sanctions. It was mentioned that they do in this thread, a year and a half ago. Thanks though I guess, your idiocy got me 4 more likes.

the United States was going to implement this but decided they would be at an unfair advantage to other countries.. Therefore they didn't obviously...

but if they thought it would of worked within themselves, I strongly believe it could work in the UFC ..

idiocy?? How can one dick be so pussy !! Fuq u bruce Jenner

the United States was going to implement this but decided they would be at an unfair advantage to other countries.. Therefore they didn't obviously...

but if they thought it would of worked within themselves, I strongly believe it could work in the UFC ..

Wrong.
https://ufc.usada.org/ricardo-abreu-receives-second-doping-sanction/

In accordance with standard practice, the exogenous, or non-natural, origin of the 19-NA was further confirmed by sophisticated carbon isotope-ratio mass spectrometry (GC/C/IRMS) analysis, which can reveal the presence of synthetic anabolic agents.
upload_2017-9-25_20-9-44.png

Last edited:
Steroids aren't used for the muscle mass, it's for the recovery, so that fighters can actually train all day and still have the energy and hormones to be an extravagant persona for the media[/QUOTE]

so PEDs = personality extravagantizing drugs

the use natty test from dead people for a while now, to duck this CIR test.

It is being used by usada in the ufc and has done so for a long time. How difficult is that to understand?

If USADA and UFC wanted to catch cheaters, vs. looking like they want to catch cheaters, they would start using the carbon isotope ratio test.

If this is the case, (which i doubt because i remember them using CIR to verify a fighter sample before) but i think thats if the A sample fails (your absolutely right it should be done on all if its more sensitive and would achieve more accurate results).....thats why it will never happen.

Anti-doping is designed to fool the public. No pro sports org actually cares if the athletes are natty....they just want to be able to have a 'moral highground' on the matter....

If they cared, athletes would be providing daily specimens.

Anti-doping is about the appearance of clean sport, not the reality. It makes the lying culture worse, because now athletes have a bunch of 'tests' to point to that they passed, even if they were using the whole time....

If I had an infaillable test, I would give the fighters 6 months warning before implementing, as a way of saying get clean or get caught.

Some would be stupid enough to use anyways.

Testing will never be that good....or even close.....

But the Anti-doping industry will certify it good-to-go.....and let you associate their name with it.....

Hell....on the IBFF homepage it says their a signatory to the WADA code. That shit right there should be actionable....

Lets not forget Erik Morales failed a USADA test and was allowed to fight anyway.....

Anti-doping is a front that makes a culture of deception worse and worse instead of addressing a need in a rational and moral way....

I say "fuck em" as they shouldn't need to be told not to cheat in a "sport" where you can ruin a person's life. I know you don't want MMA to suffer but I think that if 85% of UFC fighters are cheating then catch em, suspend em, and let's bring in a generation of fighters that are far less likely to cheat. It's not like USADA is new anymore, fighters know they run the risk of getting caught each and every time they cheat anyway.

This is NOT the case....

The athletes are using....they just know theyre not taking a risk unless they get sloppy because the test is substandard for its stated intended purpose....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back