"All on steroids" Carbon Isotope Ratio Test

serr

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Nate Diaz could have been on the mark here. If USADA and UFC wanted to catch cheaters, vs. looking like they want to catch cheaters, they would start using the carbon isotope ratio test. This almost guarantees that everyone using testosterone will be caught. There is no known way to get around this test. It is so good that the US chose not to adopt it for its Olympic athletes because "other countries weren't doing it", giving the floor to the assumption that all their guys would be booked, making other countries look cleaner. There are ways around even Olympic random testing, what makes anyone think UFC's anti-doping crew are infallible?

You can't get guys who's training ritual is to "train all day" and not burn out. Steroids aren't used for the muscle mass, it's for the recovery, so that fighters can actually train all day and still have the energy and hormones to be an extravagant persona for the media. If the UFC adopted this test, it would be worse than Bellator Backyard Fighting. Everyone would drop like flies and you would be left with the skinny fat guys like the Diaz bros who can't keep a significant amount of muscle mass on due to the drop in testosterone and increase in cortisol that comes with training 5+ hours a day. You would get Overeem and Bigfoot level chins everywhere, and post-TRT Belfort-like performances.

Fact of the matter is Nate is right. He was speechless after Conor accused his team of steroids, because he knows first hand how prominent PEDs are and hates it nonetheless, just didn't want to talk smack about his camp.

tldr: If you told Dana White you had a testosterone use test that would catch everyone who's juiced in the past year(at least), and that you would be left with guys with the physique and lethargy of the Diaz bros what would he say?

I thought fighters used steroids primarily to build and preserve muscle strength due to their diets and activity level during cuts. I thought he HGH was for recovery. Thanks TS.

I'm sure with the technology we have today, we can probably test whether or not someone has ever injected exogenous hormones into their body, but such tests would never be put to use because in reality sports franchises don't care about true, natural competition, they only care about maximizing their profits.

I thought fighters used steroids primarily to build and preserve muscle strength due to their diets and activity level during cuts. I thought he HGH was for recovery. Thanks TS.

Steroids are also great for recovering quicker, HGH is much more expensive aswell, not many fighters (with todays salaries) can really fund a HGH-cycle once every while.

How much is one of these tests, we should start a kickstarter and get someone to administer it, any fighter who says no is obviously cheating.

TS selling Carbon Isotope Snake Oil... Is that you NutritionIsKey?

Jones' CIR test came back negative and it still wasn't proof enough for some people. You're always going to have those skeptics and conspiracy nuts hand wave whatever proof comes up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tails-of-usada-controlled-anti-doping-program

"The new program will adhere to the code published by the World Anti-Doping Agency. It will use blood and urine collection practices, and fighters will be given no notice before a test takes place. Tygart also said that USADA will use carbon isotope ratio testing (CIR) as well as testing for EPO."

Do you even try to fact check what you post TS?

The fact that many of the fighters are open with Joe rogan about their steroid use tells me one thing:

If rogan knows, then dana and the Fertitta's know who uses too.

The bosses preaching about cleaning up the sport yet there is a very good chance that they have known this entire time who uses, and the fighters are comfortable enough to talk to Danas friends in the company about it is hypocrisy at its finest.

I know some UFC fighters personally who dont use steroids and their chin is fine and their cardio is fine

You would get Overeem and Bigfoot level chins everywhere, and post-TRT Belfort-like performances.

This would be great for the sport because it would separate the real fighters from the point fighters.
Sort of like clearing the slate?

I know some UFC fighters personally who dont use steroids and their chin is fine and their cardio is fine
Are they the top of the bunch though? Coming off of it is the more dangerous aspect I'm talking about. If they were never on their testosterone levels are still pretty good. Coming off it they're in the range of a teenage girl and don't have the ability to absorb tough shots.

If I had an infaillable test, I would give the fighters 6 months warning before implementing, as a way of saying get clean or get caught.

Some would be stupid enough to use anyways.

My dad has to use steroid patches to recover from his back pain and sciatica, and they work wonders. He goes from hobbling around with his walking stick to loose and able to tackle as many jobs as his lungs can handle (he also has a COPD + asthma so his lungs are fked)

He's not the "exercise" type that's for sure.

If I had an infaillable test, I would give the fighters 6 months warning before implementing, as a way of saying get clean or get caught.

Some would be stupid enough to use anyways.
I say "fuck em" as they shouldn't need to be told not to cheat in a "sport" where you can ruin a person's life. I know you don't want MMA to suffer but I think that if 85% of UFC fighters are cheating then catch em, suspend em, and let's bring in a generation of fighters that are far less likely to cheat. It's not like USADA is new anymore, fighters know they run the risk of getting caught each and every time they cheat anyway.

Back