All Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Midewest Grapplers!

dallas405

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
After taking a year off in 2007, the Southwest Submission Grappling Challenge will return on July 12th. This tournament is hosted by Rafael Lovato Sr. & Jr. and it will be all no-gi. Look for this to be the biggest and best tournament ever held in Oklahoma. More information will be available soon.

so you are in the know!

i honestly do not know, i know Mr. Lovato told me now that we are moved into our new place he will be hosting alot more tournies, so there will probably be a Gi only one in the near future as well, im sure it will be after the Mundials though so it doesnt interfere with Lovato Jr.s training.

Is it in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, where? Please keep us updated on the details...and the progression of a gi tournament. No gi = no throws for me! :redface:

I saw Lovato Jr. @ Winter Wars 08'
No gaps, and so smooth.

Id go to Okla for a GI one.

it will take place inside the Lovato Jiu Jitsu Academy in Oklahoma City.

im pretty sure a Gi one is in the works for a later date as well.

i will be sure to keep everyone up to date on the details.

also Lovato's has a myspace page now so you should add them and it will be easy to keep up to date on alot of things as well.

i talked to Lovato Jr. tonight about when they will host a gi only tourney and he said most likely in October or November.

A couple buddies of mine from the gym will be moving up there to start school at OU for the fall. I may come up for that tourney since I can crash at their place. :D

there is not a tourney specific website, but Lovato jiu jitsu website is OKBJJ.com and they also have a myspace you can add and they will keep everything thats going on updated on both of those.

there is not a tourney specific website, but Lovato jiu jitsu website is OKBJJ.com and they also have a myspace you can add and they will keep everything thats going on updated on both of those.

Cool thanks

Any new updates on this tournament from the people throwing it?

Any Sherdoggers planning to go? I'm hoping I'll be able to go. If so, I'll be driving up from Denton Texas. Depending on what happens with a couple buddies, I may be able to carpool if someone nearby wanted to go together.

The Return of the largest tournament circuit ever held in Oklahoma will take place in just under 6 weeks. Please take note of the extra weight classes and skill divisions. There will also be a master's division for those over the age of 35. Also for the first time, there will be no registrations accepted on the day of the event. The Southwest BJJ & Submission Grappling tournaments have a history of being very punctual, with continuous action. With this change you can expect an even smoother event. Online registration will be available soon. The information packet including mailable registration forms, are now available for download here: okbjj.com

OnTheMat.com has confirmed their presence at the Southwest Submission Grappling Challenge on July 12th. Gumby will be in the house filming and writing a report about the tournament for the onthemat web site. Also, special prizes from onthemat will be awarded to some lucky winners. Stay tuned for more updates.

about 10 days away, start getting prepared people.

I think this is going to be a great turnout. My former instructor in Tennessee who is pretty out of the tournament loop heard about this one! That tells me word out mouth is really getting around!

Too bad I won't be going...parents are flying in next weekend.

it's going to be a good tourney. OTM is sponsoring it and Gumby is flying out to film..... this is your chance to be in the next 101 Submissions DVD :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back