Media All Khabib finishes before UFC 254

Ufcmaster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The UFC espanol channel is a hidden gem.
Full of free fights and promos that are still up.

Khabib has finished 7 of his 13 opponents:

1. Kamal Shalorus (pre 2 year layoff)
2. Thiago Tavares

3. Darrell Horcher (post 2 year layoff)
4. Michael Johnson
5. conrat
6. Dustin Poirier
And now 7. Justin Gaethje

Khabib has turned into a finishing machine after his come back from that 2 year layoff in 2016. Finished 5 of 7 opponents he faced. Only guys that made to a decision were Barboza and Iaquinta. And those guys got absolutely dominated and mauled lol

Finished in all his 3 title defenses with different subs to boot.

Gone are the days were haters are calling him a boring decision machine. Now they just call him a boring submission machine lol

Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

350_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_yells_at_Conor_McGregor.jpg

Barboza definitely would have been a finish as well, had that fight been 5 rounds

Barboza definitely would have been a finish as well, had that fight been 5 rounds
Yeah

Khabib could have finished both Barboza and Al but he didn't want too.

Barboza was after a long layoff too and he wanted to feel a 3 rounds.

Al was his first 5 round fight and he wanted to experience all 5 rounds.

You know Khabibs PPV #'s are shit when he's not fighting conrat.
Khabib vs Gaethje ranked 5TH for 2020 alone with only 675,000.
Just saying
On an afternoon PPV in the US that's pretty good.

Adesanya Costa only had 25K more and that fight was on US primetime lol

More viewers world wide watched Khabib Gaethje.

EhVuj3VXYAMegGR.jpeg.jpg

26M russian watched Khabib Poirier.
Khabib earns the UFC more money with TV rights than old backwards ppv

Yeah

Khabib could have finished both Barboza and Al but he didn't want too.

Barboza was after a long layoff too and he wanted to feel a 3 rounds.

Al was his first 5 round fight and he wanted to experience all 5 rounds.
No I'm saying if the fight had been 5 rounds. By the end of the 3rd Barboza was decimated and either in 30-24, or at best, 30-25 territory. He was done. A finish would followed in the 4th/5th for sure.

No I'm saying if the fight had been 5 rounds. By the end of the 3rd Barboza was decimated and either in 30-24, or at best, 30-25 territory. He was done. A finish would followed in the 4th/5th for sure.
I now get what you mean :D
Yeah Barboza wouldn't survive 2 more rounds of that punishment

2 judges had it 30-25 and 1 judge 30-24

On an afternoon PPV in the US that's pretty good.

Adesanya Costa only had 25K more and that fight was on US primetime lol

More viewers world wide watched Khabib Gaethje.

View attachment 812241

26M russian watched Khabib Poirier.
Khabib earns the UFC more money with TV rights than old backwards ppv
if u belive 26 million russians was watching that fight u are the biggest retard on sherdog and that means alot

if u belive 26 million russians was watching that fight u are the biggest retard on sherdog and that means alot
tenor-5.gif

Don't be crying now baby boy/girl (?) :D

That doesn't even include the Russian speaking post Soviet Central Asian nations and countries like in Europe like the Netherlands were the fight was shown on TV for free!

Khabib Bless ur bum soul

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

I would rewatch that fight. It was a blowout, but compared to Khabib's recent performances, it wasn't as bad as most remember.

So much shit is talked about D1 wrestling and Edson's grappling, but he stopped the second highest % of Khabib's TDD (second to Gleison). He stopped 9 of 13, which Gaethje stopped 1/3 and Poirier stopped 1/8. And Edson did a good job getting back up in comparison to them. He actually got up one last time with under 20 seconds left and Dom and Rogan were praising him as he narrowly missed a hail-nary flying knee to close out the third. He did not look broken.

Khabib also later said that the kicks Edson landed made his plane-ride home very painful.

The UFC espanol channel is a hidden gem.
Full of free fights and promos that are still up.

Khabib has finished 7 of his 13 opponents:

1. Kamal Shalorus (pre 2 year layoff)
2. Thiago Tavares

3. Darrell Horcher (post 2 year layoff)
4. Michael Johnson
5. conrat
6. Dustin Poirier
And now 7. Justin Gaethje

Khabib has turned into a finishing machine after his come back from that 2 year layoff in 2016. Finished 5 of 7 opponents he faced. Only guys that made to a decision were Barboza and Iaquinta. And those guys got absolutely dominated and mauled lol

Finished in all his 3 title defenses with different subs to boot.

Gone are the days were haters are calling him a boring decision machine. Now they just call him a boring submission machine lol

Khabib Bless

View attachment 812237

khabib has obviously changed up his game. where he once would take guys down and ground and pound them for the entire fight, he now just gets guys down, and works immediately for the submission. his last 3 fights, against really good competition, he stopped them all.

I would rewatch that fight. It was a blowout, but compared to Khabib's recent performances, it wasn't as bad as most remember.

So much shit is talked about D1 wrestling and Edson's grappling, but he stopped the second highest % of Khabib's TDD (second to Gleison). He stopped 9 of 13, which Gaethje stopped 1/3 and Poirier stopped 1/8. And Edson did a good job getting back up in comparison to them. He actually got up one last time with under 20 seconds left and Dom and Rogan were praising him as he narrowly missed a hail-nary flying knee to close out the third. He did not look broken.

Khabib also later said that the kicks Edson landed made his plane-ride home very painful.
Guessing your post was generalized rather than replying to me, but yeah, I know Edson had great TDD. People forget that was a narrative before the fight... Edson was viewed as a "stop the TD and then KO him" guy all day long prior to their fight happening. Personally I believe the UFC was banking on that as well in order to protect Conor.

I still maintain Edson would not have survived 4th/5th rounds. His spirit didn't break but his body sure as hell did. 4th would have been another instance of chain wrestling, then TD, then GNP from hell until stoppage. IMO.

Back