Aljamain Sterling dumps on O’Malley, the UFC and Dana White

AldoStillGoat

Master of Science in Shookology
@Black
Reaction score

Following his loss to Sean O’Malley last August, ‘Funkmaster’ claimed that he was forced to fight ‘Suga’ and wasn’t healthy heading into the fight, giving the then-challenger an unfair advantage.

Speaking on his YouTube channel after Dvalishvili’s title win, the 35-year-old hinted that the UFC attempted to make it an uneven playing field again by telling the Georgian the fight was official after telling O’Malley.

“Merab finally got his fair shake, he got a fair fight although O’Malley probably knew about the Sphere fight before Merab did and had more time to prepare. When they announced it for Merab from what I remember they called him, it was exactly eight weeks,” Sterling stated in a video on his YouTube channel.

“Now come on, once again we’re trying to put this ball in the court where (Merab) has to now scramble around like, ok I’m fighting here I’ve got to get all these training partners,” he continued.

Fortunately for ‘The Machine’ eight weeks of preparation was more than enough as he once again managed to weaponize his cardio and soared on to a unanimous decision victory.

Sterling has questioned White’s decision to push the narrative that O’Malley looked flat, instead of giving Dvalishvili credit for formulating a great game plan and making O’Malley look flat.

“I know people are trying to say that O’Malley looked flat, I think that’s the narrative that Dana was trying to push. If I’m being fair, if you look at his fights his track record of all the guys he’s beaten, they were all punching bags for the most part.

“To say he looked flat makes no sense. The opening bell when he came out with those feints and those hip twitches that he does so well… He came out exactly how Conor McGregor did against Khabib (Nurmagomedov),” Sterling stated.

I think that’s the narrative that Dana was trying to push.
tKjDjDG.gif

Following his loss to Sean O’Malley last August, ‘Funkmaster’ claimed that he was forced to fight ‘Suga’ and wasn’t healthy heading into the fight, giving the then-challenger an unfair advantage.

Speaking on his YouTube channel after Dvalishvili’s title win, the 35-year-old hinted that the UFC attempted to make it an uneven playing field again by telling the Georgian the fight was official after telling O’Malley.

“Merab finally got his fair shake, he got a fair fight although O’Malley probably knew about the Sphere fight before Merab did and had more time to prepare. When they announced it for Merab from what I remember they called him, it was exactly eight weeks,” Sterling stated in a video on his YouTube channel.

“Now come on, once again we’re trying to put this ball in the court where (Merab) has to now scramble around like, ok I’m fighting here I’ve got to get all these training partners,” he continued.

Fortunately for ‘The Machine’ eight weeks of preparation was more than enough as he once again managed to weaponize his cardio and soared on to a unanimous decision victory.

Sterling has questioned White’s decision to push the narrative that O’Malley looked flat, instead of giving Dvalishvili credit for formulating a great game plan and making O’Malley look flat.

“I know people are trying to say that O’Malley looked flat, I think that’s the narrative that Dana was trying to push. If I’m being fair, if you look at his fights his track record of all the guys he’s beaten, they were all punching bags for the most part.

“To say he looked flat makes no sense. The opening bell when he came out with those feints and those hip twitches that he does so well… He came out exactly how Conor McGregor did against Khabib (Nurmagomedov),” Sterling stated.

I didn't think O'Malley looked particularly flat, either, I thought he looked uncomfortable and unable to change the course of the fight.

The only way he was going to be able to do that was defend a few takedowns and have Merab second guess his entries, before hurting him at range, but that was never really a possibility.

Merab was too good for the majority of the fight.

Paid him to fight rushed and injured. Seans coach scammed him into commiting and getting KOd.

Dear Aljo, may there be a knee waiting to greet your face next time you shoot..

Last edited:
Dana white is working on saving face for O’Malley.

And Sterling can F off, he keeps on stating his out there theories as if they are factual. Besides, merab fought in February while O’Malley fought in March, so merab had an extra month to prepare. That and accusing evloev of steroids with no evidence is poor demonstration of character for Sterling.

aljo played ball like a good boy. they gave him whatever they gave him. not sure why he’s so salty.
He got caught by O’Malley in a fight he was winning… the stoppage was early.

Yet they didn’t give him a rematch. They made him fight on the prelims 1 fight after being champ. Not to mention, they made him move divisions.

This after he successfully defended against Petr Yan, TJ Dillashaw, and Henry Cejudo.

That’s a god tier line of opponents right there.

Dude should have been given an immediate rematch.

Valentina got 2 rematches in a row.

Aldo never got 1 against Conor.

Izzy getting infinite rematches for the title.

The UFC clearly plays favorites. I’m not surprised Aljo has a grudge against the UFC and Dana.

But again, everyone ends up with a grudge against Dana… sooner or later. I mean, Dana fired his best friend Chuck Liddell, played his own Grandma when she was sick - promising her too treatment in Vegas, then disappearing.

His own mother doesn’t love him. No one is safe. Not his own wife who he clearly beats.

Sean looked fine at the beginning of the fight. But as the fight went on, Merab broke him. And it really didn't take long.

Sean was tired, discouraged, and mentally fucked.

Of course he's going to look flat when he's being pressured and isn't able to control the pace of the fight.

Sean looked fine at the beginning of the fight. But as the fight went on, Merab broke him. And it really didn't take long.

Sean was tired, discouraged, and mentally fucked.

Of course he's going to look flat when he's being pressured and isn't able to control the pace of the fight.
It's Dana's way to play Merab's win down and save Sean. Dana and company support who makes them the most money, not to mention that Sean was hand picked by Dana.

Back