News Alistair Overeem suspended for 12 months after testing positive

What should Overeem do now?

• Total voters
Let me preface this by saying I love Overeem, one of my top 5 fav HW’s…

but does anyone remember when this story broke and him and his managers defense was “yeah we tested positive but it wasn’t for a PED” almost implying it was a recreational drug or something. Pshh. I can just imagine him with that big goofy condescending, judgmental, complete tell of a grin he sometimes has
Here’s team Overeem’s reaction on the suspension

Hey @BoxerMaurits we sometimes let these types of threads run in the ufc section for a couple of days since Alistair is a beloved UFC fighter. Then we move them to the worldwide section. Nothing personal my friend. Hope you are doing well.

All good.
Cheers buddy
Cool. What would you prefer that Overeem do? More important do you know what Overeem wants to do? Personally I wish him the best. I do hope for his own good health and that he take care of himself. Ultimately though, those are his decisions.

someone should try to book him vs mark hunt just to see his reaction

One Championship wants him even though they claim to be doing testing now. I think for them he will pass all their tests. He will POSITIVELY pass as clean after his shower.
download.jpeg

e55d665c-c293-11ed-b52b-0218eaf05005.jpg

Alistair Overeem tested positive after his fight against Badr Hari in October last year, but was still awaiting the results of his B-sample, which may return negative (but now we know it didn’t).
That fight is now overturned to a no-contest, Alistair has been removed from the official heavyweight-rankings and he’s suspended for 12 months (suspension started after his fight against Badr Hari in October last year).
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1760...reem-voor-twaalf-maanden-na-dopingovertreding

Though, this means Reem still will be able to compete in GLORY's 8-man heavyweight Grand Prix in December this year, as the suspension will have expired by then.
On the other hand, rumours circulated that Overeem would be in talks with KSW. I don’t know if they’re legit, but that could be an option for him aswell.

Overeem did ok in Glory

Once he was out of UFC/USADA he returned to his true form UBEREEM.

Dont punish the man for this.

Cool. What would you prefer that Overeem do? More important do you know what Overeem wants to do? Personally I wish him the best. I do hope for his own good health and that he take care of himself. Ultimately though, those are his decisions.
I don’t know what he wants to do tbh, but I know Reem still has a contract with GLORY. He’s still eligible to participate in the heavyweight Grand Prix in December (as his suspension will be expired by then).
I say give the tournament a shot, win or lose, it’s something special. I know Reem said he entertained the idea to do one last MMA-fight after his GLORY career, potentially in KSW.
No matter what he does though, he’ll get my support

I don’t know what he wants to do tbh, but I know Reem still has a contract with GLORY. He’s still eligible to participate in the heavyweight Grand Prix in December (as his suspension will be expired by then).
I say give the tournament a shot, win or lose, it’s something special. I know Reem said he entertained the idea to do one last MMA-fight after his GLORY career, potentially in KSW.
No matter what he does though, he’ll get my support

Reem wants a fight with Rico at Glory. The tournament doesn't interest him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back