'Alien-Like' Skulls Excavated in Mexico

Michaelangelo

That doesn't work for me, brother
Platinum Member
Reaction score
foto6.jpg1356041213

foto2.jpg1356040286

Human skulls intentionally transformed into strange, alien-like shapes have been found in a 1,000-year-old cemetery in Mexico.
The ritual of deforming skulls of children was common in Central America, and these diggings propose the tradition reached out farther north than had been believed.

Apparently there were 25 burials, 17 were children between 5 months and 16 years old.

http://news.yahoo.com/alien-skulls-excavated-mexico-142614845.html

I know they're human but they look so creepy as fuck. Better call Indiana Jones to investigate.

Kind of misleading thread title, but that top one is fucking scary lol.

Kind of misleading thread title, but that top one is fucking scary lol.

Yeah, I just copied it from the article. I thought it said alien skulls at first.

Yeah, I just copied it from the article. I thought it said alien skulls at first.

haha no worries, I was just really curious to see if they had determined what they were. Either way thanks for sharing, really strange stuff.

crazy stuff.. love the ancient cultures of the Americas.. so interesting.

crazy stuff.. love the ancient cultures of the Americas.. so interesting.

Yeah I love reading about that stuff.

Wikipedia is like a time trap.

You look up one thing and than you end up clicking on link after link.

this alleged 'ritual' is a coverup. we found aliens yo.

That's insane, it's gotta be a hoax. Xenomorphs cannot be real.

these types of skulls have been found around the world, not just in the americas.

I'm also curious to why they would deform the skulls. Most cultures are really sensitive to how the bodies of their dead loved ones are handled. This practice seems counter-intuitive to human nature. I'm guessing they must be some kind of sacrifice. or perhaps it was punishment to the parents for some (real or perceived) sleight. Maybe these children died of disease and they thought they needed to make some gesture toward the gods.

*Edit*
Ah, read the rest of the article. They weren't sick, but no answer on the deformation. Weird shit.

I'm also curious to why they would deform the skulls. Most cultures are really sensitive to how the bodies of their dead loved ones are handled. This practice seems counter-intuitive to human nature. I'm guessing they must be some kind of sacrifice. or perhaps it was punishment to the parents for some (real or perceived) sleight. Maybe these children died of disease and they thought they needed to make some gesture toward the gods.

Weird shit.

Probably just to troll us, the people of the future

Back