'Alien-Like' Skulls Excavated in Mexico

different:
4772113.jpg

I would like to do a line of coke off an African's lip plate. -Bucketlist

I'm also curious to why they would deform the skulls. Most cultures are really sensitive to how the bodies of their dead loved ones are handled. This practice seems counter-intuitive to human nature. I'm guessing they must be some kind of sacrifice. or perhaps it was punishment to the parents for some (real or perceived) sleight. Maybe these children died of disease and they thought they needed to make some gesture toward the gods.

*Edit*
Ah, read the rest of the article. They weren't sick, but no answer on the deformation. Weird shit.

Cranial deformation, in terms of archaeological finds of the ancient Maya, is confined to ornate burials of the upper class. So it was a practice of the ruling, elite class but there are only theories as to why. Some researchers think it was purely aesthetic, others say it was a superstitious practice based on the idea that young children were at risk of "evil sprits and winds".

I'm inclined to believe it had more to do with a way of permanently denoting the social divide between the elites and the working class, to prevent social mobility. If I had gone through with my idea of doing my graduate degree in ancient Mayan archaeology then this would have certainly been a great topic to focus on.

Pretty sure this isn't really anything new, I remember reading something bout this before.

how do we know what alien skulls look like?>

Probably just to troll us, the people of the future

Yep. Remember that package a few months ago, that was 100 years old and marked do not open until 2012? They made such a big deal, tv crews, people singing and dancing around it. They opened it and it was just some boring stuff meant for the immediate family of the guy that made it lol.

I'm still planning on shitting into a box and marking it "do not open until 2112." I want the future people to sing and dance around it.

Back