Alien: Isolation discussion

See O

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For some reason the previous Alien Isolation thread was deleted. Not sure why, anyway, I figured I'd make a new thread.

I don't actually have the game yet, I'm probably going to pick up a copy tonight. Anyone have it yet? Review?

I'm playing it at the moment and really enjoying it. Went with hard mode to begin with, and it really leaves you no room for mistakes where the Alien is concerned.

They've captured the feel of the movie perfectly, from the level design and artsyle to the sound design and little references to the movie.

I like how underpowered you feel. I've found a revolver so far, but it's useless against the Alien and takes like six headshots to down an android. Haven't had the chance to use it on a person as the Alien gets to them first.

The Alien feels very smart and will often leave a room only to double back and try and catch you, wait for you in vents if you try and use them to evade someone else and wait outside rooms and hiding places if it suspects your in the area. It also uses the vents to move around the levels much quicker than you can.

I've heard it drags on a bit, but I'm fine with that, I'm planning on playing it in chunks anyway. Reviewers complaining about the Alien being too random and good at spotting you as well as the save system need to get good, I like that it doesn't baby you.

I just ordered it. I've been wanting to play it forever. I've read a few things of people saying Normal or Easy is the best difficulty setting because supposedly on Hard the Alien is always right around wherever you are, regardless of how quiet you are being. Sort of like a sixth sense. But on the lesser difficultly, you get a little bit more room to breathe and it makes it more realistic.

I'll probably start out on normal difficulty.

As a huge fan of the first and second film (and nothing else in the franchise) I don't care how repeptitive it get. The atmosphere looks to be perfect and I'm going to take advantage of exploring as much as I can. I don't anticipate doing a speed run like I do in most games. I want to relax and savor everything I can with this.

No word on a sequel yet but I hope to God there is.

I already know about the ending and the ending leaves it open for continuation.

I want them to take everything that worked in this game and improve upon it, and refine everything that didn't. I just want more. This game absolutely deserves a sequel.

I tried it with a legit headset and it was insane. Definitely not the Alien game that we have been waiting for cause of how repetitive it gets but the atmosphere early on is on point. Glad I borrowed it only, not a game I'd pay full price for.

I bought it when it was on sale months ago.

Its frustrating as fuck because you die a lot and its tense most of the times you die. There were times that i died when i did what i was supposed to do in order to live. Reminded me of cheap Nintendo deaths.

Anyway i didnt play it again after i beat it but now im getting that urge again.

I think it was deleted because no one in the thread had actually played the game but they all wanted to argue about other peoples opinions of the game

I bought it when it was on sale months ago.

Its frustrating as fuck because you die a lot and its tense most of the times you die. There were times that i died when i did what i was supposed to do in order to live. Reminded me of cheap Nintendo deaths.

Anyway i didnt play it again after i beat it but now im getting that urge again.

What difficulty did you play it on?

I'm playing it at the moment and really enjoying it. Went with hard mode to begin with, and it really leaves you no room for mistakes where the Alien is concerned.

They've captured the feel of the movie perfectly, from the level design and artsyle to the sound design and little references to the movie.

I like how underpowered you feel. I've found a revolver so far, but it's useless against the Alien and takes like six headshots to down an android. Haven't had the chance to use it on a person as the Alien gets to them first.

The Alien feels very smart and will often leave a room only to double back and try and catch you, wait for you in vents if you try and use them to evade someone else and wait outside rooms and hiding places if it suspects your in the area. It also uses the vents to move around the levels much quicker than you can.

I've heard it drags on a bit, but I'm fine with that, I'm planning on playing it in chunks anyway. Reviewers complaining about the Alien being too random and good at spotting you as well as the save system need to get good, I like that it doesn't baby you.

I always do the normal setting. If it's a game that has high replay value, I'll adjust.

Not sure how much harder it couldget since the alien is a basic one hit and die enemy. The synthetics may require more beatings to put down.

As others have said, the atmosphere is it's selling point. The music and sound are straight from the movie. It's wonderful. That alone is why i wanted to buy it and that alone is what has made me want to revisit.

I think it was deleted because no one in the thread had actually played the game but they all wanted to argue about other peoples opinions of the game

Pretty much.

Sorry guys, but thanks for making a new one as I would like to know what y'all think of this game.

I always do the normal setting. If it's a game that has high replay value, I'll adjust.

Not sure how much harder it couldget since the alien is a basic one hit and die enemy. The synthetics may require more beatings to put down.

As others have said, the atmosphere is it's selling point. The music and sound are straight from the movie. It's wonderful. That alone is why i wanted to buy it and that alone is what has made me want to revisit.

I've read the harder you set it, the easier it is for the alien to hear you and find you. Also, less ammo and supplies to be found, and synthetics and humans are much more difficult to deal with.

I heard Nightmare Mode is insane.

Watched this on Twitch last night and it looks very repetitive. They nailed the atmosphere though.

For some reason the previous Alien Isolation thread was deleted. Not sure why, anyway, I figured I'd make a new thread.

I don't actually have the game yet, I'm probably going to pick up a copy tonight. Anyone have it yet? Review?

Wear earphones, turn the lights off. The atmosphere is great andstrangely scary, from the start, it has jump scares and the fear never lets up as it gets hard to the point of annoyance towards the end.

Lights of sound up and its a amazing game IMO. I wouldn't have the patience to play it again though

Is this any good?

It looks a lot like theif

I can't get whether it's any good or not

I love alien but I don't want to just spend a whole game hiding behind boxes

Wear earphones, turn the lights off. The atmosphere is great andstrangely scary, from the start, it has jump scares and the fear never lets up as it gets hard to the point of annoyance towards the end.

Lights of sound up and its a amazing game IMO. I wouldn't have the patience to play it again though

Agreed. I recommend this game. I loved the tense feeling and atmosphere

Oculus Rift support is available but you need to change three lines of the settings script. It looks pretty basic apparently Oculus support was left in the release game but left unactivated.

Yeah the deaths that occur are scary at first but then it gets down right agitating. There were times that i know i want seen, hiding in a locker, leaning away from the opening, & the fucker would still get me for no reason. That's bullshit.

Another quick death that was always my fault was not paying attention to the openings in the ceilings. Instant death and it got very annoying.

It was agitating because the biggest fear was not the alien or the synthetics, it was doing a shit load of stuff and desperately finding a save point.

When it came to weapons, i dint think i ever used the. ..smoke bomb (is it?) Right. I used the noise maker and the molotovs like a mofo.

Also i never found out if any weapon hurts or kills the alien.

I was happy when i finally got the flame thrower but i still could've gotten cheaply killed and the hunt for a save point was still crucial.

Word to wise, If yiy can't see and you have a molotov, use it as light.

Started up this morning but only got through the intro, will dive in more tomorrow. Everyone talks about how great the atmospehere/sound are so glad I picked a quality headset when I got Destiny. Read it's a little to long and repetitive, but can't go wrong with a rental.

Word to wise, If yiy can't see and you have a molotov, use it as light.

Do you mean just hold it in your hand, like a candle, or throw it and let it explode?

Do any of you guys have an answer for this:

There is this area in The Solomons Habitation Tower, between the Transit Station and the Marshal Bureau.

XljTAkAY.png

Besides the fact that it just looks strangely empty ...

A - The map shows an EXIT AREA to the "east" of the junction, in the middle of nowhere. WTF?

B - If early in the game, say at the start of Mission 3, Amanda goes uninvited to the junction right to the "south" of the Marshall Bureau, she will be greeted by 3 or 4 hostile humans that seem to be guarding the "eastern" door in that junction:

vTCfJXJt.png

C - There is this PASSCODE LOCK near the Marshal Bureau entrance door. It flashes yellow and shows "X PASSCODE REQUIRED" when Amanda approaches:

nHzswQzH.png

And yet none of the (supposedly) 151 logs contain that passcode.

D - This "Keep Out" door with an active keypad is crying "Come In":

EpOHbw42.png

Machinery noises can be heard from beyond that door.

Either we all are missing something, or some incoming modification/extension to the game will clear this mistery.

So what's back in that area?

Great game. I played it on normal mode at first and then on the hardest mode after. It was lot easier on the hardest mode because you actually knew what to do this time around. The synthetics were pretty scary when they came at you

Big Alien fan and I loved the game

Yeah, to me, I now consider the official Alien cannon as such: Alien, Alien: Isolation, Aliens. Period. There is nothing else.

Do any of you guys have an answer for this:

So what's back in that area?

Sounds like something that was cut out of the game because of time restraints and they didn't bother to remove all the clues that led up to it.

Sounds like something that was cut out of the game because of time restraints and they didn't bother to remove all the clues that led up to it.

I'm not so sure. Wouldn't they say something about not having enough time and having to cut stuff? I don't recall them ever saying they had to cut anything. And if they did, why would they leave all the clues and stuff (such as "Keep Out") still in the game? Seems like they'd just scrap it.

must be played at night,with the lights out and a decent surround sound system running. i enjoyed it,but some parts are frustrating as hell.

must be played at night,with the lights out and a decent surround sound system running. i enjoyed it,but some parts are frustrating as hell.

What difficulty did you play it on?

It was agitating because the biggest fear was not the alien or the synthetics, it was doing a shit load of stuff and desperately finding a save point.

I thought the game was pretty good, although I haven't finished it. From the graphics to the whole atmosphere of the game was great. Just for me it took too long, sorta dragged on I thought haha. At one point I ended up basically trapping myself in a locker not wanting to leave cause I didn't know where a save station was and I didn't wanna lose my game LOL. Pretty much stopped playing when it came to that.

But, I believe I'm gonna tough it out and just beat the goddamn thing, haha. :cool:

The overall atmosphere of the game is great and the jump scares are definitely well done but as others have said it gets really repetitive after awhile.

It's good, but I don't like how Survival Horror games have to employ archaic game design to be effective. The backtracking, the save points, the cheap deaths. I'm not so much fearful of the atmosphere and enemies. I'm more afraid of the game itself.

Still though, it was an Alien game done right for the most part, which is a great accomplishment regardless of any nitpicks.

Back