Media Ali Abdelaziz calls on LW division to stop ducking Islam Makhachev

Ehhhh. I stopped caring when the kevin lee fight fell through.

Islam/Ali should stop pushing this. Islam pulls out of a lot of fights. Some guy on here put together a good history of it. @legkicktko was it you?

Also, in before Islam's groupies.

To be fair the Lee fight fell through cause Lee signed to fight Oliveira instead. Not that I blame him cause he was ranked higher than Islam but that fight falling through wasn't because of Islam.

Whether you’re a fan of Islam or not he deserves a top ten opponent

this division is stacked. im interested to see how it shakes out. I mean how are they going to make these matches without playing favoritism or being unfair, or at least seeming that way. 6-10 plus iaquinta and Dober
Iaquinta and Lee will prob both get the up and comers. islam and probably dober
CDF vs Oliviera
and Felder vs ferguson or mcgregor

Who done it better?

Huell (breaking bad / better call saul)

latest

Ali (FBI snitch / MMA weasel)

f9a5725ffaf75bff92da3aea83822715_xl.jpg

Ali can't get his fighters any fights huh.

The crying on twitter strategy isn't working out I'm guessing.

Ali can't get his fighters any fights huh.

The crying on twitter strategy isn't working out I'm guessing.
lol..

Burns who is managed by Ali, is in line for the next shot at WW.. against Usman, who is also managed by Ali..

Same goes with Gaethje in line for a title shot against Khabib.. both of whom are managed by Ali.

I think he's doing just fine tbh..

<seedat>

He's not wrong.
Never been a huge fan of Islam, but the dude can wrestle and no one wants to fight him.
I'd say match him up with Oliveira, but Do Bronx deserves so much better after the run he's been on.

From the top 5:

Conor already ducked.
Tony needs time to heal
Justin deserves TS
Dustin & Hooker are close to being announced.

So it leaves 6 to 10. FKL needs time to recover so really it comes down to

CDF
Oliviera
Felder
Yaquinta

I'm a Yaquinta fan and dont really wanna see him lose so personally I'd prefer Felder CDF or Oliviera

CDF is angling for Felder hard. He posts about that fight a lot, so you might need to scratch those two off your list. We'll see. It looks like Felder doesn't want to fight anyone to be honest

Lee is the reason that fight didn't happen, he was offered the fight with Islam but fought Oliveira instead.

Lee said it was the UFC who didn't want that fight. He said the UFC wanted to let that fight mature. Not sure how true that was, though.

Its not the divisions job to keep challengers away from khabib and justin so they can fight dustin poirier once a year

Islam vs Do Bronx would be awesome but I'd prefer Oliveira to get a higher ranked opponent and have Islam fight CDF and have them fight later on if they both win

lol..

Burns who is managed by Ali, is in line for the next shot at WW.. against Usman, who is also managed by Ali..

Same goes with Gaethje in line for a title shot against Khabib.. both of whom are managed by Ali.

I think he's doing just fine tbh..

<seedat>

I hope he has a lot of fun negotiating with himself :D

Lee said it was the UFC who didn't want that fight. He said the UFC wanted to let that fight mature. Not sure how true that was, though.

He mentioned that the Oliveira fight was in a higher profile position on the card than the Islam fight would have been and he was ranked higher. I don't blame Lee for taking the Oliveira fight rather than the Islam fight it just bugs me when people claim Islam is the reason for the fight not happening when it's the other way around.

He mentioned that the Oliveira fight was in a higher profile position on the card than the Islam fight would have been and he was ranked higher. I don't blame Lee for taking the Oliveira fight rather than the Islam fight it just bugs me when people claim Islam is the reason for the fight not happening when it's the other way around.

Yes, he mentioned all of those things, but it seems like you're blaming him for not accepting a fight, yet he said the fight was me et offered to him because the UFC wanted to save that fight for when Islam and Lee were both more developed. If that is true, then you can't blame Lee or Islam. Lee was calling Islam out for years, I have a hard time not believing him with this one.

Yes, he mentioned all of those things, but it seems like you're blaming him for not accepting a fight, yet he said the fight was me et offered to him because the UFC wanted to save that fight for when Islam and Lee were both more developed. If that is true, then you can't blame Lee or Islam. Lee was calling Islam out for years, I have a hard time not believing him with this one.

I'm not blaming him at all, he took the better fight in terms of upside/downside all fighters should do that. Like I said Oliveira was ranked higher and the fight was a higher profile position on the card than the Islam fight would have been. My point is the fight between Lee and Islam didn't happen because Lee picked a better option(no one ducked). Islam didn't have a better option and wanted the fight so when people say it didn't happen because of Islam I have to correct them because that's wrong.

I don't think Lee ducked Islam or anything like that. I'm just stating the facts as I know them Lee could have chosen to fight Islam over Oliveira, I don't think it would have been the right choice at the time, I just want to explain the situation exactly as it was because a lot of people don't know the full details on why the fight didn't happen.

Last edited:
Back