Alexander Volkanovski Offered to Step up on Short Notice at UFC 303

Volk vs Chandler would have been a much better fight than whatever this shit they keep trying to shove down our throats.

Volk is a true fighter and warrior. I am not surprised he wanted to step in on late notice, thats how he is.. never afraid to put it all on the line. Awesome to see

Say what you want about him stepping in to fight Makhachev on short notice, but Volkanovski is a real fighter…

The guy just wants to test himself with the best and doesn’t really seem to care what the outcome is…

We have guys in the UFC who don’t sign on the dotted line because they want more money, don’t have enough time to prepare, are waiting on a title shot, etc….

Volkanovski just wants to fight.

I feel like he doesn't just want to fight, he needs to fight. The press conference after the second Makhachev one was a bit concerning, he really needs to be fighting or in camp or he struggles with life a bit I think (that was my take anyway).

That said war Volk you awesome cunt

Bro needs a hobby that won’t give him CTE. Has he tried gardening?

Volk vs Chandler would be like two tree trunks going at it and I’d watch the shit outta it

Banger fight

@helax @Neck&Neck @Bobby Boulders @Travis Alexander

image.gif.83b57a325e35161be8ede8633dd37f2b.gif

Nobody wants to see that with his two KO losses. He shouldn't fight until early next year.

Volkanovski is his own worst enemy and his decision making has expedited his downfall. He's far too nice and doesn't finish enough fights to get the respect his skill and resume has earned. I'll always appreciate Volkanovski as a fighter and a person. Pure class and greatness, at his apex. Father time is undefeated, especially at the lower weight classes. Hopefully he takes some time off and gets some big fights in the future, makes some good money and rides off into the sunset with purpose in the next chapter of his life.

Your first sentence says it all really.

The guy is a warrior, but stepping on short notice against Islam was a career altering mistake. The fight against Ilia came too fast after that, glad he is not fighting at 303.
Yes all of that is true.

But sometimes when you take a big risk it dont pan out. I dont begrudge him for taking that risk...but I wish he wouldnt be so desperate to take another short notice fight.

Cmon man. Remember who you are.

That being said, I would love to see Volk Vs Chandler down the road.

Back