Alexander Gustafsson's next opponent

Andretti

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who should he face next?

As he said, he wants to fight before the summer.

Winner of Rampage/Texeira if it's a quick KO or SUB?

Winner of Rashad/Lil Nog?

Rashad would be a good test, see if he really has improved his grappling skillz since Davis

If Teixiera beats Rampage I'm not sure the UFC wants to eliminate a title contender by having Gus vs Glover. Maybe Gus vs winner of Machida/Hendo and Glover vs winner of Rashad/Lil Nog? Maybe even Gus vs Mousasi although I think the UFC wants to build up Mousasi as a contender too. Then you got Cormier sayin he wants to drop to LHW & fight for the belt. Theres alot of LHW contenders all of a sudden.

Rashad would be a good test, see if he really has improved his grappling skillz since Davis

Yeah, there's no point in rushing him to fight Jones. That would be a good fight - but Alex wants to fight before the summer so it could only happen if Rashad isn't beat up after the fight.

I don't think he wants to wait for winner of Machida/Henderson as that fight wouldn't happen before late summer probably anyway.

Co main UFC 159 April 27th - Alexander Gustafsson vs Gegard Mousasi.

Would be nice.
The only problem is whoever wins, people are going to say "Oh well *pick the loser of the fight* was untested and this isnt a big win"

The only problem is whoever wins, people are going to say "Oh well *pick the loser of the fight* was untested and this isnt a big win"

Maybe, but fuck 'em. I think the fight would be outstanding.

Rashad is the ultimate test for any LHW imo, whoever can beat him deserves a go at Jones there's no doubt. Not sure if Gus is up to him to be honest.

I would actually love to see Gus vs Davis 2 or Shad. He needs to go up against a top LHW wrestler and BEAT HIM b4 taking on Jones.

Last edited:
Given the timing and their standing, Mousasi should be the choice. It's also a damn promising fight.

Gegard didn't take much damage from Kyle and ended it quickly, Gus has had some time off now and needs a fight because Jones is tied up, injuries/a war can happen with Rashad/Rogerio, and the Hendo/Lyoto winner is probably next for Jones/Chael.

If Teixiera beats Rampage I'm not sure the UFC wants to eliminate a title contender by having Gus vs Glover. Maybe Gus vs winner of Machida/Hendo and Glover vs winner of Rashad/Lil Nog? Maybe even Gus vs Mousasi although I think the UFC wants to build up Mousasi as a contender too. Then you got Cormier sayin he wants to drop to LHW & fight for the belt. Theres alot of LHW contenders all of a sudden.

Damn I just realized how crazy LHW suddenly became...

Here are the immediate contenders:

Winner of Rampage-Texeira
Winner of Hendo-Machida
Winner of Rashad-Lil Nog
Gustafsson
Dan Cormier wants to go to LHW
Mousasi is on his way and wants to fight Machida/Shogun/Gustafsson
Chael is already scheduled to fight Jones.

There are 10 pretty damn good fighters after Jones' belt!! :O

I'd say Gus vs rashad nog winner after Glover stomps out rampage have him fight the machida hendo winner

Rashad if he wins against Lil Nog. If he beats Gegard or Glover people are just gonna say they were overrated and he needs to test himself against (another) wrestler. Beating Rashad (which he will much, much easier than any of the other two) ends that debate once and for all.

AG vs Evans would be fantastic. Maybe a rematch against Phil Davis as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back