Alexander Gustafsson on Jon Jones' Victory: "I Am Not Impressed by Your Performance"

Gus' claim to fame.

Losing to Jones.

Sad shit.

"losing" i guess means gus going home with nothing more than a black eye and probably banging some chick, while jones spends the night in the hospital with machines monitoring his vitals to make sure he doesn't die. ok.

Gus still hasn't beating much of anyone at LWH. Manuwa and a fading Shogun? Impressive. Not a hater, I think he's great, and he's still the only one to push Jones to the absolute edge. But he needs to prove himself against more competition. Beat AJ convincingly (not an easy fight) and he'll have earned his rematch. His fight IQ is really good, but my bet is on Jones' being better in the rematch. Like others have said, Gus had about as good a match as he could have dreamed of (minus a finish obviously) and he still lost to Jones' B-game.

I think he has a decent chance of beating Jones, but definitely not as good a chance as the first time.

At least Cormier not making excues in Post Fight, giving Jones the win. Maybe he won't get a half tattoo like whining Gus, lol.

Thats bc he had no excuse, jones shut him down unlike gus.

Are you abusing substances this very minute?

MMA is such a complicated sport...I can't understand how Jones could outwrestle Cormier, a decorated wrestler, so easily yet be outwrestled by Gustaffson, a striker.

I have a feeling in a rematch Jones will manage to convince the judges he won the fight and get the UD. And we will all feel the disappointment tearing through us like a switchblade wielded by a Kali master. That said, Gus does have by far the highest fight IQ of anyone Jones has ever faced and I do not really get everyone who assumes Jones will easily and effortlessly get the 50-45 dec the second time.

That said, he's making a BIG mistake in looking past Rumble. I think if Jones and Gus do not take Rumble gravely seriously they will both be in big trouble.

Vitor choke out Rumble LMAO.
114989bloggif4f1442f480064.gif

Jones destroy Vitor.
Jon-Jones-Americana-Vitor-Belfort-UFC-152.gif

Eh, poor timing, need to give the fans a minute to defuse after blowing out fight emotion wads

I would give an organ for Gus to win but it aint happening. I am of the belief that what Jon said about not being prepared/mentally ready was true. No one gave Gus a chance and after John's last two performances, we see that he has drastically improved, the wholes in his game are almost completely disappeared. Sadly, I think he will stop Gus or will really put a sound beating on him -- to not admit that Jon is the best fighting talent we have ever seen is just giving into a ridiculous bias and letting your emotions cloud judgement.

Gus is no better than 50-50 against Rumble. There's a good chance the winner is injured/cut/broken hand and Jones doesn't fight the winner until August or September.

MMA is such a complicated sport...I can't understand how Jones could outwrestle Cormier, a decorated wrestler, so easily yet be outwrestled by Gustaffson, a striker.

Reach matters.

It's not everything, to be sure, but the differentiating factor is that Gus matches Bones' wingspan.

It's not a coincidence that he gave him such a violent matchup; especially considering Gus' background in boxing.

right now Gus has other problems to worry about....also he shouldn't push it as Jones would light him up for a second time

Gus loses a wide UD to Rumble.

AJ gets stopped by Jones.

Gus beats DC in a razor close fight.

NYE next year is Jones/Gus 2 -> Five rounds of hell with Jone once again narrowly pulling out a victory.

Gus goes on to lose a bunch of fights.

Jones keeps winning but starts looking human after a couple years. A third fight is rumored but doesn't occur until long past Jones' championship reign.

There's the future folks.

Vitor choke out Rumble LMAO.
114989bloggif4f1442f480064.gif

Jones destroy Vitor.
Jon-Jones-Americana-Vitor-Belfort-UFC-152.gif

Oh for the love of Jesus, that was back when AJ was pretty much killing himself trying to make weight. He is as transformed as we have ever seen from a fighter now that he is at the right weight class. if you're gonna use MMAth, can you at least be more convincing than that?

No, by hospitalizing Jones.

Dont know if you were aware of the fight outcome.
Gus LOST
It was a war and they both ended up going to the hospital

but Gus LOST
Jones WON

Reach matters.

It's not everything, to be sure, but the differentiating factor is that Gus matches Bones' wingspan.

It's not a coincidence that he gave him such a violent matchup; especially considering Gus' background in boxing.

You should also consider the fact that Jones had his big toe degloved a few months before that fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back