Alexander Gustafsson is NOT leaving Alliance MMA.

Good. That means the Jones rematch will be more competitive. I was worried he was committing career suicide by changing camps.

Ah, okay. Seemed like a bad idea anyway.

Also, yellow journalism in paperless article lulz.

tumblr_m74u2hqTKt1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

http://www.kimura.se/alexander-gustafsson-har-inte-avbrutit-samarbetet-med-alliance-mma

In an exclusive interview with Kimura.se, Alex headcoach Andreas Michael said that the whole rumor about Alex leaving Alliance is false and it was just something the reporters from Aftonbladet.se (biggest newspaper in Sweden) made up to sell the article better.

I will translate the whole article later when i have time. Just wanted to share this with you guys

UPDATE:

Translation by Memnok (Thanks man):

Yesterday the swedish ufc-fighter Alexander Gustafsson was interviewed by Aftonbladet (crappiest newspaper in sweden /translators comment) who reported that Alex felt like having his upcoming camp in Sweden. This statement lead to a lot of speculation from various sites that the cooperation between Alex and Alliance MMA had been terminated. There was also speculation about the reason for the "termination" was that an upcoming match between Alex and Phil Davies was in the making.

All these rumours are now denied by Alex main coach Andreas Michael, who in an exlusive interview with kimura.se explains that media has just taken Alexes comment and misinterpreted it in order to "sell" the article/news. Andreas says that the cooperation between Alliance and Alex/allstar gym will continue for a long time and that there has never been any thoughts about ending the nice relationship the two clubs have enjoyed.

The rumours about a match between Davis and Alex are not correct either, Andreas says, but rather something that media have fabricated out of the blue. Alex and Davis will only face in a title fight or if both fighters get a seven figure salary (he is probably not talking about dollars but rather SEK /translators comment) for fighting each others says Andreas.

b5CMYo.gif

RIP Jones

This is what I'm thinking, Gustaffson will do like GSP, train exclusively at home and have Alliance coaches come over for a week or two to Sweden before camp ends or vice versa.

This is what I'm thinking, Gustaffson will do like GSP, train exclusively at home and have Alliance coaches come over for a week or two to Sweden before camp ends or vice versa.

Sounds good to me :icon_chee:

Good. I knew him and Phil were legit close. So it was kinda weird hearing they weren't and he left lol.

Good. That means the Jones rematch will be more competitive. I was worried he was committing career suicide by changing camps.

His camp is in Sweden. He doesn't train that much in San Diego and his main trainer would still have been with him.

That's what happens when media picks up something from fucking Aftonbladet... one of the worst papers in existance.

This. Aftonbladet is what you call a "tabloid" (not just the format). It is very different from a real newspaper, but it is the biggest newspaper in Sweden and it is really fucking sad that swede's primary source of news is a tabloid :mad:

Back