Alexander Gustafsson arrives in Sweden. Video interview included.

ElPistolero

White Belt
Reaction score
Here it is:
http://www.expressen.se/sport/gustafssons-lofte-tar-det-nasta-gang/

Translation:

Rep: Welcome home Alexander, how has the last 24 hrs been for you?
AG: It has been stressful, and it is great to be home again.

Rep: How do you feel now?
AG: I feel good. A little blue here and there, but overall its all good

Rep: You had to go to the hospital?
AG: Yeah, it was just to get checked out. Was in and out relatively quick.

Rep: When you close your eyes and think about what happened, what do you think about the trip?
AG: Its been a good trip. A new experience, and i have learnt a lot, and i will come back stronger.

Rep: What does this fight mean for your future?
AG: It means a lot. Im going to the gym and work on my tools, so i am good to go.

Rep: But your name is now bigger, right?
AG: Absolutely, but we must see what happens. I have to settle my mind, and then we will see what happens.

Rep: How has the respons been after the match, have you gotten a lot of messages and sms?
AG: Its been amazing. Fantastic fans, and a lot of encouragement. Sweden is a small country, but the response have been unbelivable.

Rep: Is this the big breakthrough for MMA here in Sweden?
AG: Yes, we have a lot of new talents, and this is just the beginning of a long journey.

Rep: How does it feel for you that it went so well, despite not getting the W?
AG: Yes of course it is mixed feelings. I wanted to bring home the gold, but it didnt happen, and for me this is a huge disappointment. That being said, i am proud of what i have done this weekend, but im very disappointed that i lost.

Rep: Do you think a lot about a rematch?
AG: Yes, i want the rematch. I do not know when, but i want the rematch.

Rep: Do you think you will get it?
AG: I have received positive feedback about a rematch from the UFC, but nothing is certain yet.

Rep: But now you need to rest. So when do you think it will take place?
AG: Good question, that i dont know. But now i will rest for a couple of weeks. I would have liked to win the belt, but Jones is the champion of the world, and you have to win convincingly, and i didnt do that so i didnt go all the way

Rep: What did you and Jones say to eachother after the match?
AG: We just joked around and had fun. We talked about what he will do in the coming weeks, what i will do, so that was all good.

Rep: So you are still good friends?
AG: Well, good friends we are not, but we have a good tone between eachother, so....

Rep: All in all, how do you sum up the weekend?
AG: Its a little crazy, i didnt win, and that is how i feel. Im happy with what i did, but in the back of my mind i know i lost. That being said i have got so good response from people after the match, and that is a lot of fun. But like i said, i arrive here with a loss on my record and that really sucks.

Rep: How close are you to take the belt in this fight?
AG: It is very close, and next time i will take it. If the fight happens i will take the belt!

Rep: How long rest do you need now?
AG: A couple of weeks and i am good to go.

Sorry about my english, but you get the picture..... :)

Grattis Alexander og grattis Sverige!

Hilsen Nordbagge! :)

Nice. Thanks. He's a classy kid.

thanks for the translation man :) english was fine.

"Well, good friends we are not, but we have a good tone between eachother"

Fuck ya. Don't get too friendly.

That's great to hear, he deserves it after that performance.

Thanks for the translation.

Even though he lost a fairly controversial decision,there's not a single line where he blames the judges,cries a conspiracy or devalues Jones in any way.

Not only he's a world class fighter,he's a true martial artist,humble yet incredibly confident.

Can't wait for the rematch.

9ziYio.gif

[YT]XRGd0gD0QNE[/YT]

Class act!

Swedes are going crazy talking about a rematch. They want it to sweden and believes that they can fill a 50000 people arena. "I will have no problem paying a 1000 dollars for a ticket" is what i read one commentator say. Would be something!

Great interview. He came home and took with him the hearts of millions of his new fans all over the world

If it happens, don't let those greedy motherfuckers from UFC rip you off. Because Sweden has higher standard doesn't mean they should rip you off.

Class act!

Swedes are going crazy talking about a rematch. They want it to sweden and believes that they can fill a 50000 people arena. "I will have no problem paying a 1000 dollars for a ticket" is what i read one commentator say. Would be something!

Well, travelling from Helsinki to Stockholm is so cheap that I would be willing to pay a good price for the ticket for sure.

I had not listened to his interviews in Swedish before but you get a much better idea about the guy when he is speaking the language he knows wells. Paints a much more intelligent and charismatic picture when he doesn't have to be thinking and translating every word in his head.

Thanks a lot for the translation dude!
youre_awesome_carl_sagan.gif

Gus pure class as per usual, how can you not love this dude?
War Mauler

Back