Alexander Gustafsson arrives in Sweden. Video interview included.

Thanks for the translation good to hear he is confident in his ability to beat JJ still

My pleasure, brother. After years of enjoying other nationalities translate on here, it is good to be able to contribute, now that the #1 LHW is Swedish... :)

I foresee you getting a lot of translation requests around here this coming year. The anticipation leading up to the rematch will hit a fever pitch.

I think it has the possibility of being the biggest fight of 2014 - hope you guys get it in Sweden. Gus is as good a dude as they come.

I foresee you getting a lot of translation requests around here this coming year. The anticipation leading up to the rematch will hit a fever pitch.

I think it has the possibility of being the biggest fight of 2014 - hope you guys get it in Sweden. Gus is as good a dude as they come.

Not a problem. Let me know and ill translate it.
If that fight comes to Sweden, it will be somehing special. I am Norwegian, and would pop over to Sweden to watch that fight. Not only swedes, but people from Norway, Finland, and Denmark would go to see that fight. Guaranteed sold out arena!

Here you go lads:

Rep: Alex, how did it feel to climb into the cage for such a big fight?
AG: It was good. Its the place that i enjoy the most, so it felt very good.

Rep: Did it feel different than your other fights? The atmosphere, and your mindset at the time?
AG: No i wouldnt say that it was. The only difference was the crowd. The atmosphere was awesome, the fans was awesome, and i felt i got a lot of support. Other than that it was a fight like any fight. I am in the cage to perform well and win.

Rep: Already in the first round you showed Jones what you can do, were you surprised tht it went so well in the first round?
AG: I dont know, Both yes and no. I dont really remember how i felt at that moment. My only goal was to win. Not the first round or the second, but the whole match, and that was my intention when i entered the cage, but i cant remember exactly how i felt at that moment, but i can say that i knew i had won that round.

Rep: Everyone said that JJs wrestling would be a big problem for you, but he was unable to take you down, and infact you took him down instead. What is your thoughts about your wrestling?
AG: It worked well. I did get a bit surprised that i was able to take him down. Its all about the timing. It felt good during the entire fight.

Rep: People are talking about the elbow that caught you in the 4th. How did the elbow feel, and what went through your mind after it landed?
AG: It rocked me a little bit, but i felt in control. But i did get rocked from that. But you have to be prepared for that in such a fight, and when it happens you have to forget about it and keep working.

Rep: This was your first 5 round fight. How did it feel to fight for 25 mins?
AG: It was fucking hard! But that is where i belong, its my future, and i felt that this was a good start. I am disappointed that i didnt get the belt, but i am happy with my performance and i am happy that i have this team in my corner aswell as family and friends.

Rep: Did you think you had won it after the 5th round?
AG: I was unhappy with the fight there and then. There were no clear rounds, so it could go either way. But i do not remember my exact thoughts.

Rep: Many people say taht this was one of the best fights in history, especially compared to other title fights. Now 2 days after the fight, had it sunk in what a great performance you had?
AG: Yes, but i have to go home and look at the fight before i can judge my performance. But its sinking in slowly but surely.

Rep: You met JJ at the hospital. Did you talk, and if so, what was said?
AG: We showed mutual respect, and we talked a little about the fight. Just said thank you to eachother, and we are both athletes, so its all about the love.

Rep: You have received a massive amount of positive feedback from around the world. And Zlatan Ibrahimovich writes on facebook that he is proud of you and that now there is finally another guy that represents sweden out in the world. How does it feel to hear that he appreciates and salutes you?
AG: It is a huge honour that such a great athlete mentiones my name, and it really is a huge honour, and it warms my heart.

Rep: Dana White was positive to a rematch at the post fight presser, are you ready for a rematch?
AG: Absolutely! I just need to heal up, and ill be ready.

Rep: Do you have any serious injuries? When can you be back?
AG: I do not know. i do not have any injuries, just some bruises here and there. It hurts a little bit everywhere, but that is part of the game. No injuries though.

Rep: What about a rematch back in Sweden?
AG: That would be something special. I cant describe in words what that would be like. But that would be something really special. It would have been huge!

Rep: Many fans are upset about the decision. Do you have a message for your fans at home and around the world?
AG: I want to thank my fans, for all the support. For an athlete it means the world, and you make me work harder in the cage and in training.
matador.gif

Awesome!
ElPistolero is the fucking man.
Thanks dude

Great interview btw, doesn't seem at all like he has just been in a 25 minute war, he's chilled as hell. That guy is made out of something else.
Can not wait to see this guy fight again

Great interview btw, doesn't seem at all like he has just been in a 25 minute war, he's chilled as hell. That guy is made out of something else

That is typical for the swedes. That calm and calculated mentality. I think it is one of the differences i see compared to my own norwegian people.

I thought to myself as i watched JJ enter the cage. Gus was standing there looking so effin ready. There was something going on here, and i also think that it made Gus get some kind of mental edge over Jones from the very beginning. Also after the first round, i thought JJ looked shellshocked, and his face had a big question mark all over it. "hmmmm...dont underestimate the swede i told my girlfriend, before i continued to say,,buuuut he probably wont have a chance. Then as the fight went on i was like: "Its happening!!!!????" :) Great fight!!

Not a problem. Let me know and ill translate it.
If that fight comes to Sweden, it will be somehing special. I am Norwegian, and would pop over to Sweden to watch that fight. Not only swedes, but people from Norway, Finland, and Denmark would go to see that fight. Guaranteed sold out arena!

They could sell out Friends Arena with that fight. Man, would that be epic.

That is typical for the swedes. That calm and calculated mentality. I think it is one of the differences i see compared to my own norwegian people.

I thought to myself as i watched JJ enter the cage. Gus was standing there looking so effin ready. There was something going on here, and i also think that it made Gus get some kind of mental edge over Jones from the very beginning. Also after the first round, i thought JJ looked shellshocked, and his face had a big question mark all over it. "hmmmm...dont underestimate the swede i told my girlfriend, before i continued to say,,buuuut he probably wont have a chance. Then as the fight went on i was like: "Its happening!!!!????" :) Great fight!!

Agreed. There was always something about his demeanour which convinced me the confidence he showed was 100% genuine and he definitely could beat Jones. He still surprised me though! lol
Thanks again for the translation, I appreciate you taking the time out to translate that. Was cool to hear his thoughts so close to the bout

I'm both nationalities, Swedish and Norwegian, and we're not different like that. It's probably just him. He's one sample out of the entire Swedish population, can't draw conclusions like that. After all, Swedes and Norwegians are basically the same people.

I'm both nationalities, Swedish and Norwegian, and we're not different like that. It's probably just him. He's one sample out of the entire Swedish population, can't draw conclusions like that. After all, Swedes and Norwegians are basically the same people.

This is just my impression of the swedes. Im Norwegian aswell, and i have made this comparison between our people before. Not saying i am right, and i agree that it is not good to make generalizations like that based on one person. Just my opinion :)

Det e lugn, som svenskene sier ;)

Class act!

Swedes are going crazy talking about a rematch. They want it to sweden and believes that they can fill a 50000 people arena. "I will have no problem paying a 1000 dollars for a ticket" is what i read one commentator say. Would be something!

Damn! I'm gonna be there for sure! Danish support for The Mauler!! :D

thanks for the translation!

If they have the rematch in Sweden I am going to finally take a long overdue vacation there.

Good to hear that Gustaffson is in good spirits. Also glad to hear that jones payed respects to Alexander's skills. That picture of both of them in the hospital was pretty cool. Can't wait for his next fight!

Back