Alex Saucedo retires from boxing at 26 after suffering brain bleeds

he took a brutal beating against barboza. never looked hurt and never stopped coming forward but he took some horrific punishment. good choice imo

This could have ended in tragedy, so I’m glad that he gets to retire and not expire.

Definite gamer, and huge heart. I wish him the best moving forward.

I hope this was all detected soon enough.

Good luck to him.

According to what was said in ESPN's report during Saturday night's Inoue - Moloney fight the doctor who examined him said that he should have been either comatose or dead as a result of the brain bleeds. Apparent the bleeds were both massive.

Hopefully, he'll heal completely & he won't suffer any debilitating effects from his injuries. I hate to see things like happen because it makes me think of my own years in the ring. I took a fair amount of punishment while engaged in wars while fighting, while training & during my time as a sparring partner. And it could have happened to me. I do my best not to dwell on it but sometimes thoughts like that keep me awake at night.

Just saw him get interviewed on ESPN+ and feel terrible for the guy. Young dude forced to retire and do what he clearly loves. If you didn't see the interview he was red-eyed but composed during the interview, but afterwards he started bawling (they kept the camera on him). Sad story hopefully he does well for himself in life.

Last edited:
He is lucky to still be around. Props to the doctor that knew his shit and caught it.

Back